Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 supercharger kits from CAPA

artin

...there is no spoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey guys

has anyone supercharged there SV6? is it worth doing?

im interested in the sv6 kits from capa, and was wondering if anyone is running these kits...any pros, cons, etc

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_ve_v6.htm

cheers

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
not worth it you should of just bought a v8

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
You're an idiot. If he wanted an 8 don't you think he would have bought one? Why bother with **** comments like that, ever thought that maybe he can't afford the extra money?

The above opinion is my own personal opinion and does not reflect that of the owners, administrators or moderators of Just Commodores

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6

Yeah V8 would be the cheapest option but a few factors maybe limiting his choice as what Troy711 said.

Charging the V6 will get you I think around 187rwkw or 200 and something with an intercooler.

If you're going to try and get alot of power from your car and have enough money, I'd go for the SS as you'd be spending the same amount or a little more and you will get alot more power out of it.

A few blokes I know own VE SS's and are getting 400HP out of them with just cams + exhaust and a tune.

Goodluck with whatever option you choose mate. :)

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
You're an idiot. If he wanted an 8 don't you think he would have bought one? Why bother with **** comments like that, ever thought that maybe he can't afford the extra money?

The above opinion is my own personal opinion and does not reflect that of the owners, administrators or moderators of Just Commodores

agreed with Troy, maybe he doesnt want to be a follower and just buy a v8 like everyone else does, and wants to do something different or like troy mentioned maybe he cant afford a v8?

good luck with it anyway mate, keep us updated :thumbsup:

artin

...there is no spoon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
cheers for the reply guys...this was my dads car he gave to me, was just considering my options...the SS is one of those options as well tho at a later stage

just wanted to see if anyone had bought one of those kits for a SV6 and if it was worth doing in the long run...dont know too many people/places who have done it so thought ide ask here

:)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
The way I see it... every man and his dog can have an SS with a V8. It's nothing special... it comes from the factory like that! A supercharged V6... not THAT is something special because someone has actually put some effort into it and made it different.

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
Nothing wrong with putting a C.A.P.A. unit on, go for it mate recommend it highly:thumbsup:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
The way I see it... every man and his dog can have an SS with a V8. It's nothing special... it comes from the factory like that! A supercharged V6... not THAT is something special because someone has actually put some effort into it and made it different.

unless they bought the L67 :p

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
from the results i've seen with the capa kits on SV6's your looking at about 220-260rwkws depending on how doo your motor is and how good your tuner is.