Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf Commodore Push button start question

Chaotica69

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Z series
Hey All got a quick question if someone can help me would be great I’ve searched google pretty hard but haven’t found a answer
Would anyone have a wiring diagram for the push button start eg what wire does what
Cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Maybe describe what you're trying to do as tapping into the button directly is probably not a good idea, particularly if the button is hooked up to canbus instead of a simple momentary switch.

Chaotica69

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Z series
Thanks mate yeah probably should of its for a gps tracker immobilizer

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yeah, if you want to have an immobilizer circuit, immobilizing the button won't do much. Cutting the button after the car is stolen won't do much if the car is on and driving when you immobilize it. You want to immobilize stuff like the fuel pump, ECU, ignition system etc. You also want to hide the module somewhere that's not under the steering column (I took my dashboard out in one of my cars and put it behind there). Not sure how these products wire in their remote "turn-off" (like actually turning the car off instead of a cut) features though.

Having said that, largely the only way to steal these cars from the factory (excluding tilt trays) is to take the keys. So if you're using one of the systems that has a key fob type tracker like some Viper systems so that you use to immobilize and they keys get stolen, then there's not much to do. Phone app ones look okay tho, but still the best thing to do is to not lose track of the keys.

Last edited:

Chaotica69

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Z series
Yeah, if you want to have an immobilizer circuit, immobilizing the button won't do much. Cutting the button after the car is stolen won't do much if the car is on and driving when you immobilize it. You want to immobilize stuff like the fuel pump, ECU, ignition system etc. You also want to hide the module somewhere that's not under the steering column (I took my dashboard out in one of my cars and put it behind there). Not sure how these products wire in their remote "turn-off" (like actually turning the car off instead of a cut) features though.

Having said that, largely the only way to steal these cars from the factory (excluding tilt trays) is to take the keys. So if you're using one of the systems that has a key fob type tracker like some Viper systems so that you use to immobilize and they keys get stolen, then there's not much to do. Phone app ones look okay tho, but still the best thing to do is to not lose track of the keys.
Thanks heaps for the info yeh was gonna hide it in nice and well was always the plain
Sweet I’ll look into the suggestions given i did wire it into the Blue Green wire it does immobilize it but only when the power drops out after awhile but your suggestion’s sound a lot better
Keys are always safe never lots a set yet