Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
My July 2013 Build Calais V Sportswagon has chipped when the door has been banged against a brick wall but I have found the paint does not chip when dipsticks bangs their doors against the VF door. I have found the doors dent easily but the paint does not chip in this scenario. I found both a Nissan and Hyundai sh*tbox's paint just rubbed off with some polish. The door skin on the VF was deliberately made thinner on the VF compared to the VE for a weight reduction and the increased use of high strength steel used on the B Pillar on VF compared with the VE. The trade off is the doors on the VF now dent easier.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Hi guys not sure if this is the right place but i thought i would put it here and see what you think.
Does anyone find the paint on the VFs to be particularly thin? I have a phantom black ss ute (i know blacks always bad for scratches), But it seems every time i have a look at it there is a new scratch or fine lines of paint missing. Had a phantom black ve clubsport before this one and never found it to be an issue.

anyway just looking for some opinions. Cheers

Yes, I noticed the same thing with mine, it seems to chip very easily.

Not sure if its because of being a darker colour the chips show up easily ( Peacock Green) as someone else mentioned that the paint is actually quite thick on the VF.

cheers

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
G'day all, I had a quick hunt around for an intro thread, but gave up because of Bathurst...

Just thought I would jump in and introduce myself - I just picked up my new baby on Thursday and so far I am loving every minute of my time with it. I got a good deal on a VF SSV Redline Sportswagon. It had it sent down to GenTech in Mitchell (Canberra) before I picked it up and got the W310 pack put in it - packing 258kw at the rear wheels. A far cry from my Tiguan which was 189kw at the flywheel.

Anyway, I look forward to having a look at what you lot are up to with your VFs, cheers!

Jum

slob63

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline auto xmas
Has anybody replaced there Bridgestone potenza tyres yet ,stick with the Bridgestone or a different manufacturer ?

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Has anybody replaced there Bridgestone potenza tyres yet ,stick with the Bridgestone or a different manufacturer ?

I was hoping on finding out the same - although my tyres are new (at the moment). My last car had the same tyres and while they seem good, they are pricey...

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I was hoping on finding out the same - although my tyres are new (at the moment). My last car had the same tyres and while they seem good, they are pricey...

My Calais came with Bridgestone T001 touring tyre. Not bad but I swear by Goodyear Assymetric 2 F1 tyres. Had then on my previous Falcons. Not cheap but I waited for the Goodyears 4 for 3 they had running a few weeks back. They usually finish 1 or 2,3 in most comparisons.

Bob

Aussie7t8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 Sedan
I'd also like to hear your opinions on the best tyres for the VF. All ideas welcome.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yeah a bit of discussion in the my15 and my16 threads but its gonna make allot of people hold off for another year. like me.

also whats the best price people have found for replacing the bridgestones on 19s?