Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
Just finally received a reply from Holden in regards to a map update for the VF.
Just was wondering if anyone's had it done? or knows when the date it was released?
theyve basically replied after a month saying " go to your dealer, they should have a USB memory card"

S:S

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Just finally received a reply from Holden in regards to a map update for the VF.
Just was wondering if anyone's had it done? or knows when the date it was released?
theyve basically replied after a month saying " go to your dealer, they should have a USB memory card"

S:S

I am too curious - I had my VF at Doncaster Holden in VIC Jan 2017 and they swore black and blue no update for maps. Find it hard to believe but I its a gripe with many other VF overs I am sure.

Hopefully if somebody on the forum works for Holden they could give us some insight.

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
I've been waiting since Sep 2014 when I bought my new Redline. The maps were already well out of date back then, my own street in which we built our house in 2011 wasn't even in the map.
Wasn't able to get a straight answer from the dealer as to when we could expect the update and raised it also with Customer Care as part of the service survey but still none the wiser.
It's hardly satisfactory IMO.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Andrew, I would check it's definitely a map update & not just a MyLink software update.
Someone on this forum, last year, was told they were getting a map update & it turned-out they got a MyLink update (which included the guide-lines on the reversing camera) and the maps stayed the same.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just be patient people!
I'm pretty sure the people tasked with updating the Mylink maps will eventually get around to it.
They've almost got the VE IQ maps up to date, only 12 months behind, now.....

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Just be patient people!
I'm pretty sure the people tasked with updating the Mylink maps will eventually get around to it.
They've almost got the VE IQ maps up to date, only 12 months behind, now.....

I had a VE1 CalaisV with the CD based navigation jobbie in the glovebox..Although the maps are somewhat outdated, the VF is a dream compared to that piece of crap..

Last edited:

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
Hi again, I received another message from them, they said its "scheduled for Feb 2017"
So in other words, im assuming they have nothing.

Les buckland

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Calais v 6lt
I was talking to Holden online team yesterday and told me they're still working on the map update and should be ready for release in march, so still waiting waiting waiting!

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
They've been saying that for 2 years now. Don't hold your breath!

vf2v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
I took delivery of my VF2 SSVR 2 days ago. I don't think I'm that dumb, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to work out the Nav. I had a VE2 with factory Nav and it was a piece of cake. I'll have to spend some more time looking at the owners manual I think.

No one here has developed a 'quick start' guide to VF nav, have they?