Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Can anyone who has had the mylink update and maps update take a photo of the software versions so we can compare.

Also, anyone with a vf 2013 clubsport got a mylink update that introduced reverse camera guidelines?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Can anyone who has had the mylink update and maps update take a photo of the software versions so we can compare.

See my other thread on Comprehensive test drive for map update
Why do need this? Are you doubtful they have been updated?

Also, anyone with a vf 2013 clubsport got a mylink update that introduced reverse camera guidelines?

The reverse gridlines was for all models AFAIK. I posted the letter from Holden about this in the thread about reverse camera gridlines. You should have these gridlines by now.

Last edited:

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
I'm not great finding these things. Do you a copy of the letters, and software codes to illustrate the updates. I'll theneed run with with those and see how I go.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I don't think you could get the reverse lines if your car was built prior to Sept 2013.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Hmm rogan, maybe also a pic or details of you compliance plate as well. Will help cut down on holden doubt?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I'm not great finding these things. Do you a copy of the letters, and software codes to illustrate the updates. I'll theneed run with with those and see how I go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0tmlxoq7f4zj53/reverse camera guidelines_redacted.pdf?dl=0

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/20160329_223001-jpg.183251/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfdtw131vq8axir/Notice of Order_Redacted.pdf?dl=0

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/serviceinvoice_ggcdb257084_redacted-pdf.183277/
I don't think you could get the reverse lines if your car was built prior to Sept 2013.

Incorrect I have a pre Sept 2013 VF Calais I have the reverse grid lines.

Attachments

• Map Update redacted.png
    Map Update redacted.png
    829.1 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Well, I followed Black5's advice (#32 above), and emailed holdencustomercare on 13th Feb. Today I received this response:

Hi Les,

The next update will be available at the start of March, your dealership will be able to update your system then.

Thanks,
Robert Hofen
Holden Customer Care

My car's due for a service very soon so I'll let you know how I get on.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
It was ready to use , I don't know what you mean. I had to drive around and calibrate the new maps, that's all. It's not an experimental trial run either. This was noted in the thread I posted.

If you read the thread, this was done because I took them on through NCAT but it should pave the way for others to get the map updates when they say there are none which is not true.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfdtw131vq8axir/Notice of Order_Redacted.pdf?dl=0

I provided my service invoice which states there was no charge. So again I don't know if you missed this . It's up to you if you pursue Holden for a no charge map update or not with this information that I have provided or wait until they "officially" release a map update which may never happen in the foreseeable future.

Hi Rogan

Hey, I took a series of photos of mine - but can't ascertain if its the same as yours - would you mind comparing? The Belconnen dealer is a nice guy, said it was all updated when i picked it up on the weekend - but if he has been misinformed I what the record corrected? PS my HSV Clubsport R8 was built July 2013.

regards

pete

Attachments

• 20170219_211507.jpg
    20170219_211507.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 20170219_211512.jpg
    20170219_211512.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 20170219_211519.jpg
    20170219_211519.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Not sure if this helps but one way to tell if you have the newer MyLink software is if you have a mute voice prompt options when on the phone if not you have a older version. Got that update early last year (phone mute) and I had a MyLink upgrade also applied this month with maps meant to be updated this March.