Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Prussian Steel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Clubsport R8 MY14
Hi Drady,

I have a VF Clubsport R8 the same year as you and have the reverse camera guidelines. I am on software version 92281182. The version you have is quite old. The most current version is 92288125. Please see attached screen shot of all mylink versions on the TIS website.

upload_2017-2-21_13-43-18.png

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi Prussian,
I have thereverse grid lines too. My software V is 92281181. Do you (or others) know if there's any benefit in upgrading at my next service?
Cheers

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Prussian, any chance of a pic of it, the software and a copy of the build plate? pm if easier

Prussian Steel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Clubsport R8 MY14
Hi 426Cuda an Drady,

426Cuda you have same version as myself which is actually 92281182 even though the mylink screen says 92281181. I thought with your latest model(VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE) you would have a newer version?

Drady my versions are in the radio log file attached which you can compare with yours. Go through the mylink menus until you reach the radio log file under radio settings and put USB in centre console and copy.

Attachments

• Mylink Log.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 787

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Ok, i'm just trying to see how old my maps are, but this from Holden today via email - they also said the new maps are due end of March.

I have checked with our technical and the system can be updated by the dealer using Service Update 13-2540A (WN Caprice / VF Commodore Reverse Camera guidelines)

So once I know how old my maps are (apparently last ver was March 2015?) I'll call the local guy to have this updated and report back. Other than that, man I love this car!

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
The Belconnen dealer is a nice guy, said it was all updated when i picked it up on the weekend - but if he has been misinformed I what the record corrected?

What does your service invoice say? See mine? Does it say the maps were upgraded? If not then he is full of BS..

CHECK/REPORT VEHICLE TO HAVE MAP UPGRADE AS PER INSTRUCTIONS
SUPPLIED BY HOLDEN
Checked SPS of mylink system and upgraded as instructed.
Map upgrade carried out to vehicle as per instruction and
calibration carried out to certain percentage

Oh the "Mr Nice Guy" persona, seen it all before, makes them more believable !!
Forget what he told you, unless it is written down on the service invoice, then it never happened. They have to include all work done for legal reasons in case something happens and also for auditing and compliance with Holden HO. Any person with knowledge of the car industry will be back me up on this.

Last edited:

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Thanks mate. I'll chase this all up. FYI the holden customer care team just sent me this.

Hi Peter,

Just a quick follow up to let you know that the new map update for your car came out yesterday.

Thanks,
Robert H........
Holden Customer Care

Interesting

Howdy6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY14
Thanks mate. I'll chase this all up. FYI the holden customer care team just sent me this.

Hi Peter,

Just a quick follow up to let you know that the new map update for your car came out yesterday.

Thanks,
Robert H........
Holden Customer Care

I just dropped off my car for the 75K service plus a few last fixes under warranty (droopy roof lining, middle rear seat belt false alarms and key-less entry intermittent problems) and asked the usual question re- map update and it is available and costs $126 with a scheduled service or $176 on its own. Seems a bit rich as it was at least a couple of years old when the car was new. Figured I'd get it done as I doubt I'll use Dealer Service after the warranty is done. I also asked if the new version had speed cameras and he said not the SSV, only the Caprice. Dahh you'd reckon it would be more useful in the SSV.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
2017 map update for MyLink is now available, the update is cheaper if you have it done with a service as opposed to on it's own.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What're they charging for it, if you don't trust your car to a dealer for service?