Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH 2 Door Commodore - ADAYER SPORTIF

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Thanks for that, I just went looking for the post again and found it here:

theres one in the brocas museam at woodville in sa i remember seeing it when i went there with school when i was like 8 and thinking that cars crap now i know im a ********

But that post was made December 2009 and obviously he's talking about seeing it many years before that, so I hope I'm not sending you on a wild goose chase?

If it's a local call maybe phone them up and ask first?

EDIT: The other possibility is that it's one of the Monza hatchback-type 2 doors that Brocky was playing around with too?

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
re Adayer Sportif Prototype...

That prototype was a 4 cylinder and was never given a DIA build number and was never made to be compliant...

It maybe somewhere but IMO its been chopped up... not really worth anything, just built for the cosmetic value with a 4 cyl...

I'm tipping there is an untouched Adayer Sportif sitting.... hiding somewhere ?

Back in the posts on this thread, someone mentioned a name of a person in an magazine or something like that who had a lot to do with the 11 DIA built Adayer's... That person might be more likely to know some history...

PLEASE IF ANY READERS OUT THERE KNOW OR HAVE ANY ARTICLES OR INFORMATION PLEASE SHARE all info is welcome... its all history and interesting....

This forum/thread has probably got the most info going about these rare cars...

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
oh yeah - the owner of Adayer number 002 said that either Adayer 001 or 002 did a lap around Bathurst before the main race in 1984 ?

Apparently Harvey drove the Adayer ?

anyone remember that race and the Adayer lap ?

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
Here is an magazine add that another Adayer Sportif owner sent me - 4 door into 2 door

150418084011_0001_Page_1.jpg
[/url] free picture hosting[/IMG]

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
I think No 11 is the one from SA

Umm... what am I missing here? You yourself said that your Adayer is number 11

No 11 is in primer awaiting wet rub and paint. Hopefully before xmas.

The one in SA owned by the ex-girlfriend of one of the brothers was apparently number 10

~ I'm Jamie. The guy who's ex did the dirty... The 2door was her car right from the start.

~ if I remember correctly (the ex's is 00010). ~

(full post here)

spikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
OK My bad. It was a girl I bought no 11 off so I jumped to conclusions. Sorry. Anyhoo, I was at Toowoomba wreckers today and spoke to an old car yard man from here and he informed me that he used to own 2 Adayers. A 6 cyl auto and a manual v8. Both black. He sold them off years ago. He said that when he sold them he was told that they would be worth big money day! Ah, hindsight. Anyhow, he believed that one went to Darwin. I had my windows tinted the other day and was told of an alleged Adayer in a private collection near Toowoomba. Maybe it is one of them. The detective work and hunt is on. No 11 is painted and assembled and just waiting for the trimmer to get his finger out. Girls name was Susan that I bought No 11 off.

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
hey spikey...

please send some pictures to my phone and I'll post them up here if that's OK...

cheers

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
hey big fella... looks like we've lost # 010 Adayer...

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
re 6cyl Adayer (Toowoomba wreckers) wondering if she had the D.I.A compliance plate ?