Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH 355 Driveline Upgrade

H

harrop.senator

Am I going to get something that size in there though, wagon diffs are wider than sedan and dont want to go overboard with the offset

Agh I was thinking the track was going to be an inch shorter then say a vl with an inch out the track. depends on what sort of tyre in a 235 I guess.

I think r31's weigh roughly the same mine was just shy of 1300. With 387 atw and 22 psi of boost by three K I couldn't hard shift into second or third even with a car load and not get spin. Just me in the car on full noise it'd chiro fourth and sometimes spin into it. Being a jap car though it did have 3.9's.

Track was much different especially a prepped drag strip. But living in the country if I'd got on and there was a crest , dip , pothole I'd had it break traction in the middle of third at 100+ km/he pretty regularly lol.

RoChester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Agh I was thinking the track was going to be an inch shorter then say a vl with an inch out the track. depends on what sort of tyre in a 235 I guess.

I think r31's weigh roughly the same mine was just shy of 1300. With 387 atw and 22 psi of boost by three K I couldn't hard shift into second or third even with a car load and not get spin. Just me in the car on full noise it'd chiro fourth and sometimes spin into it. Being a jap car though it did have 3.9's.

Track was much different especially a prepped drag strip. But living in the country if I'd got on and there was a crest , dip , pothole I'd had it break traction in the middle of third at 100+ km/he pretty regularly lol.
Car weight 1100 - 1300 so should be able to have some fun with it..

H

harrop.senator

Car weight 1100 - 1300 so should be able to have some fun with it..

Oh you will I was running a 12.8 with 300 atw in the Silvia that had a bad 60 and was better on the top end due to spin or lag. Never got the 31 out but with driver mod I'm sure it's have done an 11 with 387rwhp and 1280 kgs even rowing gears.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Got a msg back from Steve, too busy to take on any more work, thats the third place in the last couple of days thats said the same thing, they all reckon they cant get workers to do the job. amazing thought there would be people jumping at jobs like Rod Tech.

Mate I would work at any place like that if the money was there. The issue is the money these guys offer is only 5k above a dealership job rate and expect masters to apply.

I can get 120k a year in perth pulling diggers and trucks apart and sending the bits off to be machined.
Engine and diff shops want to pay me 65k and want me to work harder. I'm on a little more than 65 and I'm just a service mechanic atm and I get to pull apart cars for the smash repairers so it's good work for me and I get paid more.

If a diff or engine shop was prepared to pay me a decent wage like 100k a year I would be there in a heart beat. The issue is they aren't paying.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mate I would work at any place like that if the money was there. The issue is the money these guys offer is only 5k above a dealership job rate and expect masters to apply.

I can get 120k a year in perth pulling diggers and trucks apart and sending the bits off to be machined.
Engine and diff shops want to pay me 65k and want me to work harder. I'm on a little more than 65 and I'm just a service mechanic atm and I get to pull apart cars for the smash repairers so it's good work for me and I get paid more.

If a diff or engine shop was prepared to pay me a decent wage like 100k a year I would be there in a heart beat. The issue is they aren't paying.

So you're on roughly $65K per year and can get $120K per year and your not....I call B/S....For someone claiming they can get dollars like that and aren't going for it smells worse than a public toilet...So stop posting that crap up

I was getting more at my last job, but left because the working conditions were shite....My new employer is a lot better, hence why I have been there for nearly 10 years.

So to me it ain't about the all mighty dollar....It's about the working conditions...

RoChester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
So you're on roughly $65K per year and can get $120K per year and your not....I call B/S....For someone claiming they can get dollars like that and aren't going for it smells worse than a public toilet...So stop posting that crap up

I was getting more at my last job, but left because the working conditions were shite....My new employer is a lot better, hence why I have been there for nearly 10 years.

So to me it ain't about the all mighty dollar....It's about the working conditions...
Call it how you see it mate, respect and funny as f@#k

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Unfortunately for me it's about the money otherwise sure as f@3k would not have gone back to old job after redundancy.

As much as the job wears me down & all the tossers that work there...money talks *sadface*