Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SLE Fuel Sender wires?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Wires on my sle been chopped up at some stage replaced with red wires *shrugs*

Ok so larger lower post is fuel guage & should be tan colour.

Smaller post above it guessing is the sle 'low fuel' light what colour wire is it supposed to be?

Also smaller pipe + tiny metal line under pickup pipe is that to charcoal cannister or?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I had a look in a Gregories manual at a wiring loom diagram and the only wires I can make our going to the fuel sender unit is a tan and a black wire...Tan being to the dash and black being an earth

Also looking at the manual, for the tank, it only shows 1 pipe at the sender unit, with that being the fuel supply output....There is another smaller pipe at the base of the fuel neck where it meets the tank, that goes to the charcoal cannister....

Of course being the Gregories manual, they are generally fairly broad with details, rather than being detailed, so this particular pipe I mentioned maybe the same pipe you are referring to

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah nothing in car manuals very little on internet either & took some stuffing around on car.

Basically vh sle & ss have these senders lower/bigger prong is for fuel gauge has tan wire & top smaller prong is 'low fuel' light green(???) not 100% but looked green tonight.

Smaller pipe goes front of car....no cannister on this particular car & do know what you mean other models usually cannister pipe goes along chassis rail to wheel well then hose

Small pipe at sender is cracked & weeping fuel used 'knead-it' to repair crack & hope it drys out...
(yep still had full tank of fuel when used kneadit on leaking pipe)