Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
And bitching on an internet forum is going to do what..........? Well, i GUESS Simon Overland etc will see this EVENTUALLY and think "you know what, these guys are right, let's change these laws NOW".

Oi! Don't pick on Oberfurher SimonLand! :bang:

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What was this thread about again?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
This is complete bollocks, whats hooning? The government still doesn't quite know, so how am I supposed to? A slight chirp at the lights is constituted as 'hooning', yet it's not dangerous at all. Accelerating fast upto the speed limit could be constituted as 'hooning' yet doubt it unsafe at all.

Anyone thinks this is a good thing needs their head checked, you don't have to be a 'hoon' to get targeted under this law. Hell last year an old lady got done under the hoon laws because she was driving to slow and wouldn't pull over lol.

I know for one, if I knew my car was going to be crushed I would not stop for anyone or anything. This will be the case for alot of drivers, more deaths will most likely result from this law, despite the fact 'hooning' only represents 2% of accidents in Australia. So much effort for such small problems.

Then you're a bloody idiot and don't deserved to have a good car and don't deserve to be on the roads.

You're car is not worth more than the lives you put at risk running, your life isn't worth more than all the lives you put at risk either.

Another bloody thread with a bunch of retards crying out about their 'rights' on the roads an blah blah blah.

You only have the 'right' to be on the roads IF you follow the rules, because I have the 'right' to be on the roads with the knowledge some retard won't be doing dumb **** on the same road and plow into me on my way home to my missus.

I agree the 'Hooing' laws are a grey area at best... my advice, stay out of the grey area and you've got nothing to worry about. And if you do wander into theat grey area, be prepared to cop it sweet, harden up and shut the **** up.

Then we won't all have to listen to more outraged people having a cry about road rules.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Also, don't recall the story you mentioned about the grandma being done under hooning laws for going too slow. Link to article or I'm going to have to call BS on that.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
What was this thread about again?

The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world. :p

I mean, same thing these threads are always about, people who whinge and cry about their 'rights' being attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.