Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Pulled over for speeding --- question

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
lol haha eh there the sorta people that reakon they've never done anything wrong in there car ... and like to join in taking the piss out of P-platers cause aparently we " can't drive " ... hmmm

but yeah it dosn't look good... but theres the slight chance you'll get away with it...but u got a summons..off to court with you buddie....you really gotta sell yourself, tell them you need your licence for your job, you weren't thinking straight and after this experience you relise how much your licence is worth and that its not a right to have a licence its a privalage....just go on about that sorta ****..you'll be right

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Bit sandy in the vagina hey? Don't get your panties in a knot (i know lol), I didn't say I was in the right.

you posted the thread. dont get nippy when someone posts something you dont like.

not displaying p plates: 3 points + possibly fine
20kph over speed limit: 3 points + fine
not carrying licence under 25yo(assuming since you're on ps and in mummys car): fine

would be nice if you get stung for all of these, if not some, but you might be lucky, and wont see anything.

buy some lube though, to be prepared for the possible reaming.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
lol haha eh there the sorta people that reakon they've never done anything wrong in there car ... and like to join in taking the piss out of P-platers cause aparently we " can't drive " ... hmmm

but yeah it dosn't look good... but theres the slight chance you'll get away with it...but u got a summons..off to court with you buddie....you really gotta sell yourself, tell them you need your licence for your job, you weren't thinking straight and after this experience you relise how much your licence is worth and that its not a right to have a licence its a privalage....just go on about that sorta ****..you'll be right

Im unsure if that reference was to me or not - i'll openly admit, I've been a fair ******** on the roads, and I've been in front of a magistrate and suffered the consequences, you live and learn.

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
nah wasn't having a stab at ya trent

im just saying theres people on here that'll jump at the chance to take the piss outta him for doing something wrong on his P's and act like they've never done anything wrong

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
depending on the circumstances they may come to your house and have a chat to you or u may just get a summons in the mail like u said ill give u a hot tip but go park your mums car in the drive in case they decided they want to impound it they cant impound a vehicle thats on ur property

edit: NAUGHTY BOY

They can take the car if they want,no matter where it is.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
They can take the car if they want,no matter where it is.

I could be wrong, and may be - but judging from the episode of Melbourne Highway Patrol shown on TV recently, I don't think they can.. All I remember is the officer saying soemthing along the lines of the.... 'suspect'? being lucky the car in mention was not on the road, otherwise it would be impounded. They may need a warrant to sieze vehicle on private property.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
I could be wrong, and may be - but judging from the episode of Melbourne Highway Patrol shown on TV recently, I don't think they can.. All I remember is the officer saying soemthing along the lines of the.... 'suspect'? being lucky the car in mention was not on the road, otherwise it would be impounded. They may need a warrant to sieze vehicle on private property.

thats where i picked it up from and thats why i said it good to see other people on the same page as me

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
In reference to the OP no the inpound doesnt relate to you so dont worry.
One of two things will happen.
1.summons.

2.nothing.
Hope number 2 is for you.
Nothing you can do but sit and wait as its all in the hands of the cop.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67

They would need a court order to do so,not hard for them to get.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yep, as Ado said the police can remove a vehicle even if it's on your property through a court order.

Having said that, for the car to be impounded under hooning laws you need he would need to have been speeding 45kmph over the limit.

As people have said, get ready with a nice bottle of lube.

On the upside, HOPEFULLY you've just learnt your lesson on speeding without having killed anyone.