Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Stage 4 water restrictions

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Way of the world guys.
Whether we like it or not, the fat cats get their way everytime.
They will justify it by saying the swimming championships will generate revenue for victoria and i suppose it will but all the revenue in the world won't make it rain.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
No they are not as they are saying class A recycled water is not suitable to drink or swim in it.They are filling the pool up with pure 100% drinking water.
What a waste when we are running out of water.

It is desalinated water.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Yeah, this is the govt at its best.. telling us not to use water then they go and waste it on a temporary pool.. wonder where the water will go after the event?

VZ219

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
i live on the sunny coast. but i read in a newspaper that movie world on the gold coast are going to build a huge water tank to bring in movie makers (one of only a few in the world). but they are on water restrictions so i don't know where they are goin to get the water to fill it up from. trevastion dam?

BeNoS

PROUDLY ON THE PUSHY
Reaction score
Members Ride
1000hp trek pushie (on a good day)
also brisbanes south bank lagoon has a massive leak at the moment and they r just continually filling it with water sumfin like 200000L a week or sumfin but we r on level 5 water restrictions and they aint fixin it till next month som time i mean come on wtf lol all we want is some rain

cracker

Reaction score
am in the only person who realises that we are only delaying the inevitable?
u have 10 glasses of water and drink one a day, u can this back to one a week, its not going to last for ever? am i missing something here? or has our whole state lost thier minds?

BeNoS

PROUDLY ON THE PUSHY
Reaction score
Members Ride
1000hp trek pushie (on a good day)
of coarse we r delaying the inevitable but we may as well dalay it as much as possible bacause a drink each day would be nice
and yes they should have thought about water problems 30 odd years ago but they didnt so we yes WE r suffering

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
state has lost the plot... they built a pool for the fukn comm games and now they want another one for the world champs... and they use the guise of 'we'll be using the water to water the states parks and gardens after the meet is over'...
another little bit of number crunching, the state govt used 29% more water during 2006 than they did during 05... and 05 was bigger that 04 etc...
its a farce and were the ones paying for it in tax etc, and then they want to hik the price up coz theyve fukt up and used too much... its a fukn joke..

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Not to mention wasteful government building projects.

50 Lonsdale Street. (Right Next to Casselden Place (No. 2)) The project took something like 3 years to build...32 storey office block building. The reason for its conception : To bring all the departments together supposedly.

Yet they still have regional offices. But the amount of wate a building of that size consumes in its construction is unbelievable.

Not to mention, when i was working there in the last year of its construction, a sprinkler head burst on one of the carpark levels over the weekend. On the monday, when i came in to find 1/2 of the buildings telephones in water...wasnt too pleased

(Get this though, the dumb security guard waded through water up to her knee in one part to turn off the main temp power for the basement....while up to her ankles in water)

But the water all went down the drain.....and wasted. Then there was a pipe that burst on the roof, sending water cascading onto the street below...and evaporating.

Useless useless waste to build a building that technically wasnt needed...and then all the mistakes that were made on the job that caused more waste...