Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vicroads rego price and payment

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Mine costs me around $400 or $450 a year and it's due in January after I have just finished seasonal work so I always have money for it.
And because I'm always living in the country when I it, according to a guy I asked at Vicroads I'm not being dodgy by saying I live there and getting the better rate

Since when do people living in the country get a better rate? We pay exactly the same as if we were to be living on Toorak road.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
^^^AFAIK it gets cheaper in different areas. Put a postcode into vicroads website and see. 3280 (mine) seems to be cheaper than most places.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Vicroads

nearly $100 difference between 3280 and 3000. And about 300km more 'country' for 3280.

Edit, tom, you'd pay the same as me. It's well less than metro.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
^^^AFAIK it gets cheaper in different areas. Put a postcode into vicroads website and see. 3280 (mine) seems to be cheaper than most places.

Ahh so it is. I never noticed this when changing address' from Sale to Melbourne(Berwick).

Using the calculator, living in Toorak makes it nearly $100 more expensive, registration cost stays the same but "Transports Accident charge" and "Insurance duty" goes up.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
you can pay 6 monthly if you want but it costs extra
i recently paid $648 rego on a 4 cylinder
if i had chosen to pay 6 monthly it's $340 another ripoff by the Qld government of more than $30 on people who could afford it the least.

it costs over $800 to register a 6 cylinder here

we probably deserve it for letting a woman run the state into the ground LOL

hahaha we let a woman do it to us in the eighties lol

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
No one has slammed the guy..... mine was the closest but it was clearly general since the OP didn't specify that he was having trouble paying. Just a wee bit precious!!!

Whos precious,me or the OP?

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
try 2 cars at $600, prime mover at $7500 a year and b-double trailers at $1600 a year. And all the f**n bicycle rider dont pay a cent AND get their own lane built everywhere with reg money.