Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorian Bush Fires

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Guys.. I dont know how valid this is.. A workmate was telling me in Gembrook?? there's high alert around the area, Cockatoo as well for fires.. can someone confirm?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Fire areas have been declared official crime scenes. This means NO ONE can start rebuilding for at least 3 weeks.

This is a load of crap, government needs to fast track direct house areas. Also, they need to force the banks to freeze ALL MORTGAGES. These people should not have to keep paying mortgages.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Thanks Minux.. I started to panic real hard.. I don't have all my links available @ work..

Cheers again!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
13.5 mill raised. 1 mill in the last hour alone.

Fresh SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS+Turbo
Isnt it just awsom!

Me and my gf are going to give blood this afternoon. Hopfully we can get to my brother in laws house today.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
I feel sick everytime I hear the death toll and see vision of the burnt out scrub and property.
Mr Brumby has rightly called for a royal commission, but refers to the situation as a natural disaster, disaster but not natural.

He has told us that what has happened couldnt been foreseen? pardon, climatologists have been telling us for the last 20 years that temps will go up, the climate and surroundings will be drier, bushfire risk and severity of the fires risk will be greater?

We have had the extremes on climate in both ends of the country at once, are the eyes open yet politicians? Ive just returned from california, where cities such as LA and sanfran have had record high winter temps.

Yes Mr Rudd, the cost of doing nothing about climate change has been very high, insignificant to all the stupid barking you and those other short sighted politicians have been doing about the price of petrol and "financial crisis" we are having. The real issues(whats going to cost more than 42 billion to fix), the physical condition of where we live sadly being put on the back burner, and now it has erupted into an inferno....yeh, great surprise.

Sure burning some arsonists, if we catch them, might deter future ones, but its not going to stop these sort of fires happening again.
In my mind, there are others there are others that are far more liablethan just those found with a burning match in their hand, rhymes with tush and coward ...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Please do not turn this into climate change bullshit. Perhaps if greens didnt prevent clearing etc, these problems wouldn't of been as bad.

Seriously, keep the climate change bullshit out of here. Climate change didn't cause this, a wanker with a lighter, seriously bad forest litter and terrible weather caused it. **** me.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah... political views should go in the political thread...

And the reports that alot of these fires were deliberatly lit... sickens me...

When they find the people responisble they should set them on fire...

Also the media needs to quit trying to interview people... if someone wants to share their ordeal they will... don't try to force them into answering stupid and obvious questions!