Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk 304 conversion problems

Travis.kerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
383ci vz ss and maybe vk 5ltr
Alright guys ive got a bit of a problem with my vk 304 conversion. Ive been building this car for years and its almost done except for the wiring. It winds over and has spark but its got no fuel past the injectors, they wont pulse. Im stuck for where i should be looking. Im thinking its in the wiring but im not sure. So the car is a vn 304 with a turbo 700 and vs wiring harness and ecu that vats has been turned off on the ecu. I followed the vl conversion write up some of the wire colours are slightly different but im confident ive got the fuel pump hooked up properly as it primes up to the injectors and then nothing through them. The oil pressure switch worries me a bit as it wasnt the same color as what was on the write up but i traced it back and have got it hooked up right i think. Any help would be appreciated.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
IF you have fuel pressure at the rail then the pump must be wired up correctly.

More likely it's either a wiring fault in the injector loom or the PCM isn't pulsing the injectors. It could also be an ignition module or dizzy problem as the PCM needs this signal to work out when to pulse the injectors.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Can get injector light tester cheap or just use test light crank over see if it lights up.

Most likely not getting signal off module or dissy as above.

Swap module off car you know works then check dissy.

Travis.kerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
The dizzy is brand new never used but the ignition module is second hand so it may b the problem. The injectors arent getting any power as i had the multimeter on the plug and nothing when cranking. Does the ignition module have to be grounded to work properly?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yes, ignition module needs a good ground.

No power on the injectors would suggest a wiring issue. I believe the injectors get power via the EFI relay and are then switched by the PCM.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I'd still double check dissy.

Can be slightly different plug yet still clip in from vn-p to vr-s as noticed you said cs harness on vn engine.

Also aftermarket replacements are hit & miss compared to genuine.

It's best to ground case but also think earth wire in harness too...from memory injectors are constant 12v power,might want to check wiring or simply do lil' dodgy bypass wiring off ignition switch & battery to see if it starts.

Travis.kerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can you just change the sensor in the dizzy or would you suggest changing the whole thing? Im back at work for a few weeks now but there is some good ideaa here and i will try them once im back home

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
You can get the Hall effect sensor from jayco. I've read this from other posts.