Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk fuel injection

Dave1974

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Gday people…I’ve got a efi vk 6cyl..I’ve had nothing to do with injection…..when I spray a bit of fuel in throttle body the car fires …will low fuel pressure stop it starting or should it fire and potentially run rough …I’ve put in new injectors..I’m positive it’s something simple I’m missing and just wondering if anyone knows of a few simple checks …cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If you take the fuel hose off the fuel rail does fuel come out when you turn the key?

Also, if you got ebay injectors, put the old ones back in. They cause way more problems than they solve.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
it wont run with no fuel pressure if the fuel pressure reg is rooted kink the return line to give it some pressure to diagnose. Is the extra air valve working Ive found a few that wouldnt start when it wasnt working my mate reckons it doesn't matter but i don't think itll start if its not working or if the coolant temp sensor is unplugged (not 100% on that now.) From memory it wont run without the airflow meter eirther. I converted a few commodores to that system its not a good system it doesn't make anymore power or get any better economy over a carby.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Very likely the tach relay if injectors are pulsing. If it needs to be replaced you can wire in an lpg cutoff relay.