Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Vs My Toyota Carona

R

Rasputin

heres one of my stories

i was at the lights wiv my Lz, hehe and some dude in a vk pulled up side of me and he was calling my car a peice of **** so my dad said drag him, so the lights went green, we both gunned it and my 4 cylinder carona beat him i dunno if he backed of but i pulled away (i hope he did back off) but hey easy win w00t w00t

rasputin

F

farkinfarst

As an owner of a VK let me let you in on the secret, when it comes to Toyotas, Nissans and Volvos, we give a drag a halfhearted attempt and then think "f**k it why bother? Its a waste of petrol, I'll let the little boy think hes a big man for night"

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I couldn't agree more, must be the same for VN owners, if I happen to be behind, I will not back off until I have the satisfaction of being infront.

I tell you what isn't a bad car in terms of speed, the Volvo S70, hell they sure have some go and even worse when you realise the guy who is driving would have his pensioner card and is laughing his head off thinking drags are cool.

P

psykore

haha on your l's
anyway.. his vk might have been untuned or fucked, or both.. who knows

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hahahahahahah, i can honestly say, i dont think the old girl could do much at the moment, kinda hard when you dont realy have a gearbox that's working. idd give people a drag over the quater, but i would like them to give me a head start, so i can get out and push at the moment. bit of a bad run with auto place, they are doing the dirty on me, so it's war at the moment

P

psykore

hahaha yeh, doh!

the auto place are doing a dirty on you.. what are they doing??

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
took my vn into them about 2 weeks ago now, after loosing 4th gear, followed by 2nd gear, they told me what was wrong and said it would cost me so much to replace gearbox, well, i picked her up about 2 day's after that with a "new gearbox" (might i ad it cost a fortune) driving it for about 3,4 day's i noticed that the engine was realy running hard just to hit 100kmph, i realy didnt worry about it untill the car started to jump in and out of 4th. well, driving home on thursday, just been and well, 4th gear was gone all togther, i took it back up on saturday and they told me that they only fixed the problem, didnt replace gearbox at all, i wasnt impressed. spending all that money on the gearbox for a new one, and i didnt even get a new one. well, it's up now with afew marks in places to make sure they replace it for me now, this one is free of charge and they are gonna get a mechanic in to service it for me. basicaly, i got shafted by a mechanic, not happy

cheers
garth

3800VK

Make sure you check the fluid level I have known mechanics to chuck in enough just to get it to move and not check the level at driving temp. Too cheap to take a 5 minute drive. Cost him a new trans though.

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
ah, it's out of principle that i didnt fix it myself, i payed for a new gearbox, and i didnt get one, i got my old one, just sprused up a bit, now it's taking them for ever to get it back to me, it's been like 3 working day's now, surely it dont tak ethat long to rebuilt a gearbox does it?

R

Reg

I reckon that guy is right the Toyota Coronas are so ******* good they never break down and they have a some guts unlike VK's they look s*** and they are all beaten to the shithouse VL VH HX HJ AND LJ holdens are the best