Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK-VZ Stereo wiring colours.

Bundy_Wal

Livin' the Bundy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 S pack Ute
On the VY Blaupunkt HU, does anybody know the wiring that goes from the HU to the dash? Even better, what type of comms it uses to talk to it! Toying with the idea of making a circuit to interface between the steering controls, my laptop and the dash display. I currently use a laptop with a FM transmitter for most of my music but plan is to build a touch screen PC into the ute at some stage, would be neat to be able to skip songs etc on the computer using the steering wheel controls, and display some basic info on the display.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Just b4 i installed my Sony i went to AutoBarn and for 15 bucks bought an adaptor plug,from VT to Sony...Voila...20 minutes later new stereo was working without ANY damage to the car...

C

Chainsaw

I did the same for my Kenwood unit. Except I had to buy two adaptor kits from Supercheap. One Kenwood to ISO plugs and one ISO to the VX factory head unit loom.

Wiring the unit up literally took 30 seconds.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
it's all well and good to talk about wiring adapters but this was put there for people who don't want to use the adaptor or have had the original connector removed.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Like me..

My VL had:

Constant 12V - Yellow
12V Acc: Yellow (identical wire)
Negative: White

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
DazzlerVL said:
Like me..

My VL had:

Constant 12V - Yellow
12V Acc: Yellow (identical wire)
Negative: White

any idea what the 87 vl executive has?
same as above or

Accesories - Yellow
Constant - Orange
Illumination - Grey
Earth - Black/White
12V OUTPUT - Pink

ill test it when im doing it with a multimetre to see which one makes a connection with acc on and which one doesnt and post. i will be doign it in a few weeks

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
what is the 12v output and the illumination output used for? will not connecting these kill a power/illumination circuit in the car? just checking before i do something wrong. never encountered anything like that before?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
the illumination wire is used to dim the CD Player when the headlights are on. Not many CD Players have this feature. So, simply tape the wire off. Failing to tape it off can cause it to short out and blow the fuse making your dashlights, parklights and tail lights stop working.

The 12V output is for any factory amps.

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
thanks man!

i just pmmed u so ignore that. so to get it clear, i use the illum or the illum output?

Bundy_Wal

Livin' the Bundy life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6 S pack Ute
Just wondering what people can tell me about the wiring for the phone input on the VY with Blaupunkt HU. From what I can gather there's a plug on the passenger side that a kit can be plugged into? What are the wire colours for this plug? I wouldn't mind rewiring my CB so it goes in through the phone plug. Anyone know of any problems with doing this?