Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK-VZ Stereo wiring colours.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE SV6
My mates putting a new head deck in hes car the wiring is as follows
+12V Constant power supply (yellow)
+12V Accessory/Switched(red)
Ground wire (black)
Power antenna (Blue)

Hes cars a VS and is wondering what colour goes to which.
Any help would be great.

EDIT

All Done

Last edited:

miltiadis_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
can somebody confirm that for the VX,

this is correct

Accesories - Yellow
Constant - Orange/White
Illumination - Brown/White
Earth - Black/White
12V OUTPUT - Yellow/Red
Radio Mute - Yellow/Black (VT onwards)
Antenna up - White (VR onwards)
Antenna down - Blue (VR onwards)
Illumination OUTPUT - Grey (VT onwards)

walkintheseshoes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz sv6
VZ SV6 wiring help please

Hi guy's just about to install my stereo into my vz sv6 and just need some help with one thing. I have a pioneer deh-p8650mp and says blue/white wire is for control terminal for amp which i'll be running and also auto antenna which i also want to use. According to the wiring colour thread there is a antenna up wire (White) and also antenna down (blue) wire. How do i do both? Do i just connect them to the blue/white wire from my head unit, or just one of the wires (white, blue)??? Some help would be great. Thanks
:bang:

muzza69

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vl calais
i need some help!

when ever i turn my car on, the settings on my head-unit reset.... is there a wire i have'nt connected or something?
i have a 88 vl calais. and a kenwood head-unit.
??????

allanssv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
is it possible to run RCA cables from the stock head unit in my vz. i wanna connect and amp and sub, mayb a couple of both but regardless i want to keep the original factory head unit. cheers;)

Last edited:

Insanity

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore
Hi all,

I have a 2005 VZ and i have just put in a new pioneer head unit. I went and brought an adaptor plug but when i turned it on changed my settings and turned the car off then went to turn it back on again the settings were gone. I realised that the Acc wire and the Bat wire were wrong on the plug so i just crossed them over and soldered them. Now i cant get electric aerial to work. any ideas????

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
1. (walkinintheseshoes) you would connect the blu/white wire from your aftermarket deck to the blue wire of the wiring (antenna up). I would also connect the amplifier remote turn on lead to this wire.

2. (muzza69) you havent got the yellow (constant power) wire connected to constant 12v+. Im not sure whether the VL had this wire in the stock radio loom so you may have to run a wire straight from the positive terminal of your battery (fused within 30cm).

3.(allanssv6) You cant connect RCA cables straight to the stock headunit, it dosent have the outputs, you'll need whats known as a line out converter (LOC). This has to be connected to your standard speaker wires and converts these into RCA outputs. Its ok just to "tap" into the wires so the speakers are still connected. If you wanna runa subwoofer, i would tap into the rear speaker wires where they run into the doors just behind where the seatbelt is in the b pillar. Be sure to solder and tap each connection.
The LOCs are offered by a number of companies, but i havent had much trouble with these.....
Jaycar Electronics

4. (Insanity) Did the power antenna work before you rewired the plug so the constant power was connected properly? If so then i would check that the blue wire in your stock plug (power antenna) is getting power when you turn the stereo (and the tuner/radio) on. If not then connect the blue wire on your stock plug to the antenna output wire on your aftermarket wiring harness.

As always, any questions...just pm me ;)

Last edited:

Bennysaurus-Rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina MY06
Apologies if this has been asked somewhere else but I understand that the wiring for the past few generations has been the same on the Holdens the past few years. Does this include the plug on the end?

Reason why I ask is super-cheap auto only stock head unit adaptors up to VX (have a VZ Berlina) - could this be simply due to the fact they're the same and can't be bothered changing the labelling on the packaging?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Apologies if this has been asked somewhere else but I understand that the wiring for the past few generations has been the same on the Holdens the past few years. Does this include the plug on the end?

Reason why I ask is super-cheap auto only stock head unit adaptors up to VX (have a VZ Berlina) - could this be simply due to the fact they're the same and can't be bothered changing the labelling on the packaging?

I would imagine they would be close but on the Aerpro website they have a plug to suit VT-VX commodore, not VX-VY.

As the VX used a Eurovox unit and the VY use a Blaupunkt unit there would be some differences there. Just go to another SCA or even JB Hi Fi etc ti find one for your car.

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
The VY unit uses a european plug which is different to the eurovox plug on the VX. The wire colours are the same but in a different plug.