Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL non turbo mods

FAT03L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
Hey guys... I bought my VL (third one) last year. Since then I've spent a fair bit on it but its turned out to be great. I've recently converted it to 5-speed and want to get it going alot more. I know turbo diff (4.11) ratio and a tune is a good way to go but what after that besides the turbo because i am on my green ps for 2 years

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
a nice cam, xf throttle nody, the diff as you said and a tune. its will rip a nice skid then. Your probably better off saving your money and start building a turbo motor now to drop in for when you get you opens. The money it will cost you would be far better off spent for fututre mods if you plan on keeping the car. Do some diff work and exhaust and leave it at that till you get your opens. that way your diff will be ready for a turbo motor. Find out what other mods can be done to support a turbo conversion and run with them that way no money will be wasted.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
dont, exhaust is as far as id go, and maybe a lsd for those wet nights, but it really isnt worth it. Your better off being patient, building up a fkn good motor ready to drop in when your off your p's. I don't know how i'd be able to cope if act p's had restrictions lol. it would be to hard, i feel sorry yousee

XCLSIV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pearl White VS Calais S2
first mod : Turbo lol

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
adjust ignition timing for 98pulp, advance cam timing one tooth (skyline settings) both cost nothing but a little time.

improve rest of car untill you're ready for a turbo engine.

FAT03L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
cheers guys.. building a turbo motor sounds like good fun although its gonna be hard not putting it in for 2 years

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
it would be worth it but. Do as said in the above posts and you will thank us one day for not wasting cash of usless mods.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
cheers guys.. building a turbo motor sounds like good fun although its gonna be hard not putting it in for 2 years

building an engine doesnt happen overnight, but an engine and do it right, unless your swimming in cash that will take up alot of the 2 years, then get the VL looking and handling well, and some decent brakes, VL's have **** brakes (well all 7 of my vl's did even with disc rear)

FAT03L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
I'd upload some photos to show you guys but the file size is too big.. Ive put a bigger fuel tank, slotted discs front and rear, resprayed the whole thing in and out, new hoses, 2.5inch catback, all original seats etc, new springs and shocks, 19 inch HSV rims... how do you upload images that have a larger file size?? :D

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
up load them to photo bucket then use them off photo bucket