Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn 304 sump bolt size?

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
just curious as I would like to get a magnetic one. Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
What I used to do was use a piece of magnet from a computer hard drive. Very strong magnets. I put it on the sump next to drain plug and when I drained the oil, I would take it off then all the crap would just come out with the oil. I also had one on the side of the oil filter.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
From memory they are the same thread as the LS1. Don't quote me but i think i went through this with my 5L when i was looking for an alternative for the old sump plug which was just about ruined.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
What I used to do was use a piece of magnet from a computer hard drive. Very strong magnets. I put it on the sump next to drain plug and when I drained the oil, I would take it off then all the crap would just come out with the oil. I also had one on the side of the oil filter.
That's a great alternative, I'll give that idea ago. Cheers

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Liking the magnet idea,worth a try.

Car I got now came with pretty replacement sump bolt...always leaked even with a new copper washer untill it got a factory sump bolt...one less oil leak.