Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn commodore fuel pump

give it a go

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
guys.....how do i replace fuel pump on vn....it turned up yesterday...now i gotta try an put it in...need step by step instructions please....im not real bright!

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
I did this a few years back. Access plate on right hand side of tank (behind right hand side rear wheel), undo plate and slowly remove pump assembly. There are internal structures in the tank that can make getting it out and putting it back in a nightmare. If you need to, take 10 photos as you pull it out, memorise all twists and turns. Fit new pump where the old is and slide it back in. I would recommend disconnecting battery to avoid sparks (in case your dog turns ignition while working) and if you got lots of fuel in the tank get ready to catch it when it pours out! I did not lower the tank to do mine, might wanna jack the car up a bit if you want more space.

It's pretty simple. Just be patient getting it back in.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
all the above and dont forget to install the little filter screen sock on the end of the pump, if you pull it out and there isnt one already on it, means its fallen off into the tank, hopefully the new one comes with one if yours is missing...

if the tank is full your in for a hell of a time. if you spill petrol on the ground or yourself clean that **** up and try not to make any sparks with your screwdrivers or spanners and whatnot. have a bucket ready for what ever comes out.... take your time, safety is number 1

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
google how to do it , you could ask ten people on here and get ten different answers , seen some great advice and some far out advice on here, buy yourself a manual for the car

Last edited: