Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Diff Gear Change

B

BagEmUp

Im going to b changing the diff gears in my vn v6 n i just wanted to know if anyone out there has got them done n wat diff ratio did u go for..... im tossing up between 3.7 gears n 3.9 gears............ anyone here got them done n know the good balance for good take offs n cruising considering fuel consumption too?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
times must be a changing, people are more considered in fuel consumption, personaly, who cares how much fuel is uses, aslong as it beats the new fords and nissans, that's all that matters, lol,

B

BagEmUp

hehehe fair enuff but i do alot of km of highway driving n it becomes a factor i want it to b quick of the line but not rev out to high wen goin 100km/h......

T

troy5.7

Hi there i have a vn with a vt gts stroker engine and i put 3.45 diff gears in. it made a difference but i think for a v6 3.7 would be the best for fuel economy and performance. You would be surprised what difference it would make to the car. you will probably need to put lsd in it though.

B

BagEmUp

Hey there .... since i posted this topic i did get 3.7 gears n a lsd n the difference is great.... if u want ur v6 to b quicker changing the gears is a good idea...

B

BagEmUp

Reco LSD and second hand 3.7 gears costed $800 installed..... i also got a stage 2 shift kit fitted...