Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn s1 iridium and plugs

JBAV6Tony

Reaction score
Members Ride
JBA kit car V6 series 1
Since acquiring my jba convertible last year I've done many things like serp belt, thermostat and sensor all replaced.
Now its plugs and o2 sensor.
Iridium or ngk?
What is best o2?

H

harrop.senator

Ngk make iridums also but in my opinion theyre a waste of time. The standard ngk plugs at $4 each last 20-40ks if the motors not burning oil or fouling them.

The 02 sensors id run the genuine Delphi as theyre not much more then the cheaper ones and theyre known to last.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I've learned to use genuine engine control and sensor parts on my VQ. Cheaper parts might look the same on the outside-they just don't work properly.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
As above stick with the genuine bosch/delphi O2 sensors, you can get em from ebay for about $50 each. I tried different plugs in my old VN over the years and the NGK V groove seemed to be the best. Currently have iridium plugs in my L67 but honestly I don't think it performs any better than with standard plugs fitted and will be going back to standard style plugs shortly.

JBAV6Tony

Reaction score
Members Ride
JBA kit car V6 series 1
Thanks guys. Just the answers l needed.
Tony