Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN SS 160kw @ wheels +

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
sixshooter said:
Hey Subdue I guess your power hungry cause the ol 5L just isn't enough... but have you considered dropping your driveline into a Vk with a lower diff ratio ?
150 Kg less weight than a VN and a lower diff ratio should get you into the 13's maybe ? and it won't be a cammy lopey defect magnet on the street...
no way mate, i luv my vn ss and it aint going any where, i like the 140 @ the wheels but doesn't every one with a v8 want more power? once you get the bug you luv to show up these rice box burners on da streets with the humble of the big 5L

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Lukey Mufflers

NOGEN 3 said:

Thanks mate, i wonder how much the ultra flow is in stainless steel 3" i have heard these b4 on a vr and a Valiant and this muffler sounds wild....

This is From the Lukey Website as you posted: :bow:

Available in two variations - polished Stainless Steel or Aluminum Coated Mild Steel (ACMS).
The high chromium polished Stainless Steel Lukey Ultra Flo has stainless steel wool wrapped around the perforated tube and is packed with high temp Continuous Roving Fibreglass (CRF) for maximum sound control.
The ACMS Lukey Ultra Flo is constructed with a 1.2mm ACMS shell and features a 409 Stainless Steel mandrel-bent continuous perforated tube. It's also packed with hi-temp Continuous Roving Fibreglass (CRF) for maximum sound control.
The Stainless Steel Lukey Ultra Flo is backed by a 5-year warranty, and the ACMS Lukey Ultra Flo is backed by a 2-year warranty

Attachments

• ultra flow.jpg
    ultra flow.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 138

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I had one of those Walker/Lukey ultra flow stainless steel mufflers on a Vk carby 5L single 2.5 inch system... it was bloody loud....droaned heaps at 80 km....I ended sticking a resonator on after it to shup it up...even then it still was droaning...not as bad though...I hated sitting on 80 clicks with that muffler...

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
sixshooter said:
I had one of those Walker/Lukey ultra flow stainless steel mufflers on a Vk carby 5L single 2.5 inch system... it was bloody loud....droaned heaps at 80 km....I ended sticking a resonator on after it to shup it up...even then it still was droaning...not as bad though...I hated sitting on 80 clicks with that muffler...
yeah i got a hot dog now Lukey on the back with a muffler that came with the car "POS Brand soon to be replaced"

My idel now is quite but after 3500rpm the eight cylinder symphony is @ work :) just hope with the ultra flow the tunes are heaven to my ears :)