Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais Security System

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Hey guys

I have the issue at the moment where the security system seems to be working a little too well, and is preventing the car from being started. Sometimes it will roll over just fine, others it will just not start at all. My local auto electrical told me that it was most likely this security system, and if i had the security key i could use it to flick the switch on the indside of the passenger front door

I guess the questions are, has this happened to you, what did you do, did getting this key help, and where should i get the key - Holden?

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Yeh my problem started when my remote started playing up, as it's used to enable / disable the immobiliser. I got the key when I bought my car so for the moment I have turned the immobiliser off and I don't have to worry about it.

If it's not rolling over does the [Press Remote] light up on the dash? If the car has been off for 3 minutes it won't start again until you press the doors key on the remote, it's on page 2 - 9 of the manual but i've scanned it anyway in case you don't have it.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9282/immobiliser2yq.jpg

Happens a lot if you turn the car off but your just sitting there so you don't end up locking then unlocking the doors and you try to start it.

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Thanks Fade2Black, no that light doesn't come on, it does come on when i unlock the car after deadlocking (not using the remote) however i normally just use remote locking.

Generally ill unlock the car with the remote, try to start and fail. sometimes i lock the car (remote) and unlock again (remote) and this works. This morning however NOTHING i could think of would work and i missed my train :mad:

After reading your response and some other's, im beginning to think it may be the remote not working 100%?

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
mine did pretty much exactly the same thing when i got my audio system installed. the guys tripped my immobiliser by accident...

what we did was, turn the security off in the passenger door. get out, lock the car manually. leave it for a bit, unlock it again manually, start it, shut it off, turn all the security back on and bobs ure uncle (everything works, including the brick with the button on it used to unlock doors... i hate the brick...), all working again, no stuff ups since. dunno what it was and i dont really care, its all working now :D

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Awesome mate, thanks. Now just gotta get me one of those reset keys from Holden

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
holden prob wont be able to get you one as they are diffrent in each car. Chances are they cant supply them anymore. You might have to get a new one from the wreckers or something

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah, im not help there, thats just how i got mine working again. sorry mate

cheers

Josh

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Nah i rang Holden and they said if i provide the chassis number and proof of ownership then it will arrive in about a week

and my situation sounds similar to yours jolly, where i had people fiddling around in the inside (just had auto - manual conversion) so there is every chance the system has been bumped or something

dave64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx5.7
Bought a cheap VP today. The central locking remote seems to work, batt good and led lights, but it will not lock/unlock doors.

Immobiliser appears to be off, and there is no key to turn it on. Will it being off stop remote from working, or is it something else?

Any help appreciated.

Dave