Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp Cruise control

demenace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
G'day all, wonder if someone cld give me some help on a 92 Exec VP cruise control..ok..heres the story..a year or so ago we would have cruise turned on and slowing to stop at the lights and then suddenly the cruise would take over, and accelerate as if in a Resume mode, Would have to hit the brakes hard and then turn off the cruise altogether as this was happening intermittently more and more...ah well..no more cruise control..il fix it one day:) Now a few months ago the ol engine got a bit noisy, so i had the engine replaced from a VR. The engine runs well, no problems at all ...ok, back to the cruise control..now the cruise control now not work at all, the green LED comes on.....but cant set a speed. Theres no crs light on the dash..it not work at all. I check the fuse, its ok. I read the forums here and have a look at the switches on the brake pedal..both test ok with multimeter when pedal is pushed in. Then i remove the instrument cluster switch panel and then replace it from a wrecker..still no go...I then go back to wrecker and get a control unit, bolt it in..hook the cable, plug it in...no go!! ok....I then put the original switches in , no go.
Can anyone give me some ideas as to what to look for??

Oh, 1 other thing, ive since put 15" wheels on the car...jazz it up for the wife, but the speedo is outa calibration, cld this have an effect??

thanks heaps for any help...regards..

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
They either didn't connect the wiring plug to the stepper motor or they haven't put the cable back on the throttle arm on the throttle body.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
hey

i have a 1992 berlina which has cruise control, but like your problem the green ligh comes on but no crs light on the dash. i am not aware of any engine replacement being done to my car, is there any way of finding out if it has been disconnected?

Cheers

Jaymz

demenace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Vp Cruise control..its fixed!!

g'day all, heres a lesson to be learned:)) a wire in the wiring loom that crosses the car between the radiator and the front of the car (under the plastic flap) had been chauffed thru by the radiator seam. Rest assured it wont rub thru now:)
Now i have for sale a set of switches and a cruise control unit!!:)
Thanks all for your help:)

DUMPD_VP_CALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
EBAY IT!! ull get some decent cash for it - people are after those things