Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Commodore

R

radrat

Hi i have a Vr commodore and wont to put an amp in. can anyone tell me where i can run the power cable for it from the battery to the boot.

thankz

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Along the front drivers side gaurd/inner gaurd, through the firewall, behind the drivers kick panel, underneath the sill trims, underneath the bottom of the rear seat then behind the top half of the seat.

Woohoo your in the boot bloke

Jake.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
i could'nt have said it better myself

when i got my vr it already had the power cable running though the firewall and into the boot.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I do it that way on any VN-VS Under the carpet on VL's.

Jake

R

radrat

im having alot of trouble get though the firewall. can anyone give me tips on where to go though it and how.

thankz

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've looked at a VR firewall but.........

If you can't squeeze it through anywhere obvious...

-Take out the washer bottle/tank if it's located up againest the firewall like the VN's.
- Find a place that is easily accessable from the behind the dash.
- Drill a small hole through the firewall from the engine bay side taking care not to drill into any wiring,vacumn lines etc.
- Place a rubber grommet in the hole to neaten it up and protect your cable.
- Run your cable through and in no time you'll be rockin like a Sandman on deb night.

Jake.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Haha go the sandmans... seen the best sticker on the back of one of those 'Don't laugh, it could be YOUR daughter in here!"

Anyway, yeh kinda behind and below the brake booster theres a little hole that leads down to the drivers side footwell.

Run it trhough there as Jake has guided you to.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I had to drill a hole through my firewall and pass a thick insulated cable through and passed it all the way down the side of the carpet and fed it through to the boot. Was a pain in the ass drilling a hole through the firewall. Drilled on the drivers side just up in front of the transmission plate. I reckon it had metal 2 inches thick.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The prick who used to own my car before me that put the hole in my firewall put it between the throttle and the wiring grommet but I think he bashed a bladed screwdriver through and twisted it around a few times.From the interior it looks like a bullet went through it....dodgy