Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V8 into Vn NOT STARTING :( :(

CalaisLove

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vn calais / Vl Sl
Hey !

For the last week me and my mechanic have been rattling our brains out to why my car is not starting.. ANY HELP will taken with open arms haha

SO I brought a Vr v8 ( supposedly a Vr clubsport engine ) and manual and have placed the Vr V8 into my Vn which was previously a V8 and also converted it from auto to manual.

I am using the Vn loom, Vn dizzy and a Vn computer and auto memcal.

Here is where the problem lies..

My mechanic could not get the engine started for the life of him, his done everything 10 times over.

He has used the coil and ignition module out of a running car. Car was at top dead centre and the dizzy is in properly. He is getting spark, fuel to the rails ( all though fuel pressure has not been tested ). Tested cylinders 1,2,4 and 6 for compression and they all came up at 125. Pulses from the injectors, computer and dizzy are there.

I was using 42 pound injectors and thought they might be flooding the engine so i switched them to 6 cylinder injectors ( prob not the best for it . Ive got standard injectors going in on Saturday )

NOW the engine has a Cam from come racing, roller rockers and head work... the car came with the tune from come racing.. could this be a reason why its not starting because im using a standard memcal rather then the tuned one ?

Is there ANYTHING else that could stop my poor engine from working ? from the conversion to manual.. to the wiring inside my car ( my friend took out a little black box under my steering wheel when he was taking out the electric system for the gas. Sunroof does not work.. so im guessing its got to do with that ).. previously being on gas..

The car is cranking and firing but just not starting :( :(

sorry for the essay but it had to be done lol

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I think when your friend was removing wiring for the gas they have buggered something up. I could be wrong but ive had friends do things like this and then end up causing more problems.
Maybe try another engine wiring loom from a VN V8?

CalaisLove

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vn calais / Vl Sl
Yeah i was thinking that but in saying that.. if he did stuff up the gas part that could only mean that the car thinks its in gas mode.. which means the fuel pump wouldnt come on and the injectors would be spraying.. and the fuel pump does come on and the injectors do spray :(

we are literally scratching out heads :(

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
well you have the 3 magic ingredients, spark, fuel and compression... are they in the right order? you haven't got the fuel in and return lines mixed up? have heard of that more than you'd think on v6's when people remove and install engines..,,,,,

CalaisLove

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vn calais / Vl Sl
I checked the fuel in and return my self just to make sure.. and its all good. * head butts wall *

The only fuel related issues i could think of is that the fuel pressure has not been tested and that im running v6 injectors..

I've even used start your bastard, and that did not even work :(

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Sure it's not a spark problem? How are you checking for pulse?

CalaisLove

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vn calais / Vl Sl
I'm not to sure how he is checking the spark
And pulse. I remember him saying he plugs in a device into the leads that lights up to check the injectors pulse?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
youve done a manual conversion... bridged the park neutral switch? you didnt mention it so i thought id throw it out there...