Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS]grounding the amp in the boot

Rhys J

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive
This has probably been asked before numerous times but i cant find an exact answer in my search results.. Anyway i have just installed a system in my VR but i cant find an easy place to ground the amp without drilling a hole in the body, any suggestions?

thanks guys

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Where the child restraints bolt on from the top, Use that spot and that bolt from the bottom... Assuming you aren't using the child restraints, that is.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Or sand back where the middle seat bolts onto the chassis, use that bolt there

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I'm not sure if the VR-VS are same as earlier models, but with the VN-VP, i remove the rear seat,and you will see a number of holes in the frame to choose from.I've always used these, even without sanding them back sometimes,simply find a suitable size bolt, using an o-ring on the earth wire, and i've never had any issues.I've run some fairly large amps this way also.I'll use a different hole for each earthing point though, not that it probably makes any differnce.

Rhys J

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive
Thanks guys, i ended upjust screwing it into the top metal part of the boot, probably not the best place but hey it works fine.