Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Vs berlina v6 ignition slight hiccups

Cloudraccer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Can anyone help I have a vs berlina v6 auto started to hiccup on start up when cold in idle slightly a few times go away then occasionally do it when driving this has esculated to hiccup then stall in idle also when driving this is what I've changed and done new plugs,leads , coils all 3 new ,dfi module ,iac valve ,throttle body sensor both changed new , swapped map sensor with a mates map sensor of same car in which his works fine still doing same thing ok took to a mechanic he checked all sensors cas , co2 sensor , cam sensor , did fuel pressure test checked egr valve all ok Jesus what can it be he even erased old data on ecu and remapped and tuned it in which it runs smooth and responsive like it's never run before btw I've had the car since new 1996 till now 2016 1 owner I've kept the bloody thing immaculate and never had any niggly problems like this before driving me nuts also today had trouble starting it cranks and cranks then bingo it will start idle in warming up hiccup here n there but drives fine besides a few hiccups or misses if you want to call it a miss it's very slight got me beat can anyone help cheers frustrated

Cloudraccer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Vs berlina v6 hicups

Sorry also sprayed throttle body cleaner on manifold & checked all vacuume hoses for leaks all fine manifold seems too be ok could it be a cas on its way out that's where my minds going ????

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
New fuel filter, check for a failing FPR (fuel pressure regulator)? When they fail the will leak fuel directly into the intake causing issues. Leaking or blocked injectors? Easiest way to test is to lift the plenum (injectors are attached to bottom of plenum), lift plenum put some clean paper towels under the injectors and cycle the key so the injectors prime (all injectors should squirt a little fuel). Check that all have squirted about the same amount then change the paper towels and look to see if any leak fuel out over time.

Another possibility is a failing purge solenoid.