Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore manual/auto conversion wiring step by step instruction.

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
On the manual gearbox there are two connectors, one for the reverse lights and the other for the speed sensor.

Reverse switch​
Connected to the auto shifter is a white plug with four wires connected to it the grey and grey/black wires are for the neutral safety switch, they need to be shorted together to allow the car to start. The other two wires on this connector are pink and green, these wires are for the reverse lights and need to be run to the T5 Reverse Switch.

Speed Sensor​
[/B
Now on the speed sensor to get this working you will need three things:
  • Positive
  • Negative
  • Signal wire to the dash
The signal wire is the Purple/White cable this has to be extended over to just above the ECU where you will also find a purple/white wire on a plug leading from the computer up into the dash, this is the wire you need to cut and connect your extended wire.Only cut this wire on the body harness side leave the ECU side, and join the new purple and white wire to the purple and white wire that leads to the dash/speedo.

To avoid Engine light issues you will also need to solder in another wire to this purple and white signal wire which is to lead into D2 on the Manual ECU

The second wire on the speed sensor is Pink/Blue this wire is your positive. This wire should be run through a fuse into a power output, ie. stereo, key on power.

The third wire is your negative, this is the black/white wire and it needs to be earthed out onto the body somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 31,270
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 17,451

Lance2560

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6exec
what model car u get ur gearbox from im plannnin on the same conversion...within couple weeks

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
That appears to be a comprehensive solution for those doing the swap - good one.

dayo104

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vs ute
vs

i take it this was with the manuel ecu is is it still able with the auto ecu?

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
Yes definately will get best results with manual ECU.

gregphillips

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr executive, 5.0l 5speed conversion
would this work with a v8 conversion too?

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
i not to sure but. I could be wrong and hopefully someone can correct me if i am but i don't believe there would be.

dayo104

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vs ute
hey mate just wondering which ones d2 on my computer an plug r marks a- b but not c-d e-f look in computer were plugs plug in and found c a e just above the pins so im guessing that below c is d but it not mark so i dont wanna make the mistake an wire it in an be wrong. if u had a picture of ur ecu with d2 pointed out that be helpfull thanks

dayo104

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vs ute
alll sorted mate thanks for the guide cars running like a dream