Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore manual/auto conversion wiring step by step instruction.

cwbyup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Thanks for the info on this.

Can I just plug the manual computer into the auto loom now ?

Cheers Nick

heggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS S2 5.7 M6
hey mate. if u used a manual computer for a t5 conversion can u please tell me the service number on it?

johnsy_vs

=Johnsy=
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
would this stop stalling issues as well? i just got a manual loom and am going to put it in.... b4 i do just thought id ask.

dayo104

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vs ute
would this stop stalling issues as well? i just got a manual loom and am going to put it in.... b4 i do just thought id ask.

hey mate when i did it i used the auto loom an did as stated if u make sure u hook the d2 to ur computer in ur car wont stall. i had the speedo power hooked up to cig light but fuse was blown which made engine light pop up an stall new fuse an she now runs like a dream. running manuel ecu.

Last edited:

Nickolaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 Stato
hey mate, what difference does it make from the ecu side and the other side? i've cut from the ecu side and my speedo works fine but i get the engine light come on and stalling issues on deceleration

also if i leave the wire connected to the purple and white that runs to the ecu my speedo doesnt work at all...

please help.

cheers
Nick

hdtkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commy
has anyone had isues with the starter motor hitting the flywheel or not engaging, i got a delco remy starter off a manual vn series 1, but its looks to be about 1mm to close to the fly wheel thus not alowing the gear to engange. should i try another starter or have i been given the wrong one. i tryed to move it a around but you cant shift it at all.

just about to finish auto to manual conversion.

almost every part this guy has given me has been wrong so far :( except the gearbox it self

anyidears?

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
the end pink plug ( theres PINK PLUG. PINK PLUG. BLUE PLUG.) so the outer Pink plug has the violet/white wire at C5. You ned to remove the plastic locking clip before you can see it.in very small writing it will show the numbering order 1 to 16. cont across 5 pin positions from the 1 side and it will have the violet/white wire which is the Auto speedo pulse signal out. the other row of the same plug is the D side and also shows the numbering 1 to 16. It will have D written on it too at the edge of the plug. Again you have to remove the pin locking clip to see it easier. The D2 position is blank.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
has anyone had isues with the starter motor hitting the flywheel or not engaging, i got a delco remy starter off a manual vn series 1, but its looks to be about 1mm to close to the fly wheel thus not alowing the gear to engange. should i try another starter or have i been given the wrong one. i tryed to move it a around but you cant shift it at all.

just about to finish auto to manual conversion.

almost every part this guy has given me has been wrong so far :( except the gearbox it self

anyidears?

I had the same problem with the gearbox and starter from a VN,. When I pulled the starter motor out there was an L shaped bracket on top of it it is about 2 or 3mm thick and about 1cm wide when I put that bracket on problem solved, a couple of washers about 2mm thick would do the trick.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
I have just done this conversion and I sent my ecu to a guy on the gold coast, he remapped my ecu to manual and all I had to was connect the blue/white wire to the purple wire on the speed sensor and hook the reverse lights up as above and bingo no engine light and speedo works a treat. Cost me about $90 from memory.