Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Steering Wheel Remote

T

trent31

hey,
does anyone know how i can wire up my steering wheel so the buttons that used to control the stock eurovox headunit will work with my new JVC headunit. everything works great except that because i have no idea and for some reason theres a few leftover wires. im a bit of an amatuer but i got it to all work first go. everything but the steering wheel controls.
can someone please help. cheers for the wiring guide on here also, came in handy with the stupid eurovox wiring!
>Trent

V

vsBerli

i'm no expert but with your normal head units (aftermarket) you either have a remote control or have to use it manualy. Knowing this, i would assume that the stock eurovox head unit has some kind of data or control input for use with the steering wheel controls and having installed quite a few late model head units i've yet to come accross this function on the aftermarket units.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I know there is a interface cable you can get that will allow you to use sony head units with the commodore steering wheel controls. I believe that Blakpunt (which I probably can't spell hence why i can't find their website) have.

Look around online.. you will find something.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
the brand you are thinkin of would be Blaupunkt

i remember reading in a street machine mag once where someone got an extra remote for a stereo and wierd it up to the steering wheel and put the irda led to the left hand side of the steering hub thing
nice setup

will have a look to see if i can find that mag