Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS UTE fuel pump prob plz help

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by Sir VxSs, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Sir VxSs

Sir VxSs Its gotta B a GenIII !!!

Members Ride:
    Vx Ss II 6SpD
    hey guys my car randomly cuts out maybe twice a day !! maybe not for weeks?? i got a ute so behind my drivers seat theres a whole where i can put my hand through to touch my fuel tank.. i get power wire to the fuel pump i give a little jiggle and bingo shes all good!!! on my second fuel pump now proffesionally installed???? got me stumped!!! changed Plugs , leads , fuel filter , relays.. could the cas be cutting the fuel pump out ??? any help plz??? THanx:bang:

2. mrgem1982

mrgem1982 New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore
    well if a little jiggle fixes the problem, its obviously a dodgy connection.
    Pull the cover off inside the tray and check the plug out.

3. hako

hako Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VS11 BT1 V6
    It could also be the way the new fuel pump was installed - if the fuel return line doesn't go back properly to the the swirl pot inside the tank where the pump sits the pump will run dry momentarily especially with 1/2 a tank or less of fuel when cornering. This is not uncommon and cuts power instantly - when the car slows down the fuel returns to the swirl pot and fills the swirl pot and car will start again.

4. Dirou

Dirou New Member

Members Ride:
    VS II "S" ute auto
    VSII V6 Ute auto - Have had similar problems - Stalled 3 times in one day, once on the highway at 105 kph. In the process of throwing parts at it I replaced fuel pump (could hear it playing up), platinum plugs, monster leads, coils (MSD.. looks sexy), ignition control unit, body control unit & crank angle sensor. All new & expensive. Didn't think of the fuel filter until recently ($15) Have done 130,000 kms on it ! It is heaps better but still occasionally cuts out. Thinking of replacing the pump again with OEM (noisier & $$$ than fuel miser unit which is quieter) because the fuel gauge cuts in and out. Have rechecked the connections & super tightened gasket as could smell fumes in cabin (FIXED). Now consider getting tank out to be easy, fuel filter is in a stupid location, no wonder I didn't think of it !

I hate intermittent problems !!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  5. nathanvs98

nathanvs98 New Member

Members Ride:
    1998 vs ute
    hi i have a 98 vs ute and it surges under load. and misses when i rev it. has a new fuel pump about 15 000kms ago and just put new fuel filter and injector cleaner through and still does it. was wondering if it had happend to anyone else before. and how u fixed this problem?