Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS v6 owners check this out

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
seen as alot of people have had the problem i thought id post up my bad experiences i had this happen and yes found it was the wire burnt out luckyly i still have my car but its a bit risky happening as its right next to an injector but yer since it sparked so much and caused a small fire (everything behind was pretty black) the ceramic coating on the washer was gone so the washer became conductive then when i was putting back on i thought it was all ok then i starte to have a problem that washed would move and short out + and - so the motor would cutout as there was no power from alternator this could in term *** both battery and alternator i am now receiving low voltage from alternator
i have replaced the regulator on the back fixed it for a while and now its stuffed again

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
seen as alot of people have had the problem i thought id post up my bad experiences i had this happen and yes found it was the wire burnt out luckyly i still have my car but its a bit risky happening as its right next to an injector but yer since it sparked so much and caused a small fire (everything behind was pretty black) the ceramic coating on the washer was gone so the washer became conductive then when i was putting back on i thought it was all ok then i starte to have a problem that washed would move and short out + and - so the motor would cutout as there was no power from alternator this could in term *** both battery and alternator i am now receiving low voltage from alternator
i have replaced the regulator on the back fixed it for a while and now its stuffed again

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/13654-jc-spelling-grammar-101-a.html

Cobra Clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ii

I am having exactly the same problem!
I replaced the regulator but now its happening again!

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
i took mine to auto sparky and he had a quick look and that light gets voltage from one of the 2 wires at the back of the alternator i had a break in the wire but there is also an inline fuse on that wire id chek that first good luck.
as for the grammer reply i couldnt give a **** hopefully my post has help some1 with there car unlike yours

Jester88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Commodore VS Executive
Hi
Our 97 VS Exec's battery dies all the time. If we drive it regularly (everyday day) it seems to stay charged and there is no problem.. most of the time. Sometimes it just dies over night :S

We have replaced the alternator and checked the wire responsible for charging it, and we've bought a new battery. The boot/glovebox/interior lights appear to be ok, but we are looking further into those things.
Is there anything else apart from the things I have mentioned that could be draining our battery?

as for the grammer reply i couldnt give a **** hopefully my post has help some1 with there car unlike yours
No offense, but, if we can't understand what the geeberz' you are on about, how can it help anyone?

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
cobra clutch understood as he stated he was having the same problem so hopefully it helped him.

As for your problem seems like there is something staying on after you turn the car off, this is not a permanent fix but you could try putting on a battery isolator on the negitive on the battery this means nothing could drain battery overnight but you would need to remember to turn it off everyday
this would make it so you could still drive the car everyday and not worrie about it dying.

do you have an aftermarket imobilisor as these sometimes can stuff around with you electrical system
if you need the number of a good auto sparky in perth pm me and i can give you his number, his helped me and alot of the time i can just ring him and he can help me out over the phone

Jester88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Commodore VS Executive
Thanks, vs-6.
I'll see if I can sort the problem out with a few suggestions I've been given, but you can probably expect to hear from us, lol.

Jake.VScommo

Yeaa... About that... Umm
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 toyota 4runner
lol i had this problem. yep, my terminal at the back of the altinator nd about 10cm of wire was burnt out. i simply cut off the burt bit nd put a new terminal on it. it happened wen i put my stereo in the car so be careful. lol yea, i broke down heaps of times. i had to get jump started but that didnt rely help lol. wen we broke down at lights, my girlfriend was embarrased lol. she hates my car now :D

ibt18u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina 5spd wagon black
my regulater died and my wire heated up on the alternator yester day and was going to just replace the regulator except i have some corrosion in the bushes of the alertnatior just gunna pop down and get a reco ne tommorow