Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v8 chip advise/help

myute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute 304 t5
hey, ive got a vs v8 its got cai, k&n panel filter and 3inch exhust and extractors and i was wondering who and where do a chip for my ute?
iam not guna be doing any engine work for ages so iam not to keen to upgrade to a after market computer.
iam in brissie, thanks.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you want more grunt I would drop the exhaust back to 2 1/2" if you still have the standard cat. The outlet of the cat is 2 1/2" so any bigger after that would lose backpressure and low down torque. The ideal size is actually 2 3/4" but not many places can do that. I think there is a place in northern NSW that does it but I'm not sure.

ooh304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute 304 t5
thanks mate, ive got a 3inch mandral with a hi flow cat i thought it was too big but 2 out of 3 places said that perfect for deep sound and power, since its been done its freed up the steering and beter respone, i got ripd and payed $1000 just for the exhust so i dont think i can aford to change.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
maybe contact dr bob. keep the delco, nothing wrong with it. dr bob can do a custom tune for it

StillDreaming

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.7 II SS
Gen III ?

Would this also work with the Gen III ,the computer I mean and what would it cost ruffly,as the exhaust is done and looking for next power mod any tips would be helpful,cheers:yeah:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the LS1 will respond well to a tune, its a different process though it needs to be flash programmed.

Rob