Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VS-VY Fuel Line Disconnect

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
View attachment 176578View attachment 176578 10610890_10152910296789464_3333089878033209351_n.jpg

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Good write up mate I'd just like to add I literally just did this but I used a nozzle off a cauking gun, you can make many sizes very easily. I couldn't get it to begin with until I started twisting that makes a huge difference jumps right off!!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You can make the tool yourself, either with a pen lid, or the nozzle part of a Selleys container, and the method is still the same.

;)

10charsmuch

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
;) x1 ...................

Stephen Bartlett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY as crewman
As came up in another thread, somebody was wondering how to disconnect the fuel lines on a VT Ecotec. This method works on any car with this style of quick disconnect fitting.

You can make the tool yourself, either with a pen lid, or the nozzle part of a Selleys container, and the method is still the same.

Before i start, i will just say that i take no responsibility for any injury or loss which comes as a result of using this.

Before disconnecting the fuel line, you should follow the approved Holden technique of depressurising the fuel system.

Depressurisation Overview:

Remove fuel pump relay from underbonnet relay centre (located on drivers side of engine bay)
Crank engine and let run until it stops
Crank a further two to three times.

This will take out any pressure in the fuel line and stop you from possibly getting a face full of petrol when you disconnect the coupling

This is the proper tool set:

Air_Conditioning_Fuel_Line_Disconnect_Tool_Set_LISLE_37000.84224509_std.jpg

You get multiple sizes, but you only need one. It shouldnt cost anymore then $10 for a set. I bought a cheap set for home for $8 which only had 3 clips in it.

So. Step one is to get the appropriate size clip.
Fuel01.jpg

Then you want to put the tool over the solid part of the fuel line. (If you dont know where the fuel line is, you probably shouldnt be attempting this :idea:)

You want the smaller part of the tool to be able to go under the collar of the connector.
Fuel02.jpg

There are 4 prongs inside the connector, which is what you're disengaging when you use the clip. To disengage them, push the tool into the connector and wiggle the hose until you feel the clips disengage.

Fuel03.jpg

You may need to push the fuel hose towards the connector while pushing the connector in, depends on the firmness of the clips.

Hope this helps.

Dont forget to click the scales!
TEMU $2:00