Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt commodore dome light not working when any of the 4 doors opened

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi
I have a exe vt s1 v6 commodore wagon.
I have recently installed climate control with a berlina lux 814 bcm.
I just put the berlina stuff in, in case it was relevant.

A few weeks ago l noticed interior light was't working. During the weekend l also noticed glove box light not working.

Played around with dome light & switch, with switch set to door, & realised when any of the doors where opened, the interior light didn't work. It would work on, on setting.
I also changed the fuse in case that helped (didn't).
Rear compartment light works.
Have also tried another light dome unit. Situation unchanged.

I got the glove box light working (fuse).

I've also tried the search bar, didn't have much luck there. Trying for a couple of days.

Thanks in advance, if anyone can steer me in the right direction.
Lex

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Might be something to do with the bcm being from a sedan and going into a wagon? Something stupid like the sedan not having a rear compartment light? Im pretty sure when the boot is opened on a wagon it activates dome light, but with a sedan it doesnt?

So possibly the signal for the dome light on the sedan has now defaulted to the rear compartment light in the wagon due to slightly different wiring?
Could just be a simple setting in the bcm that needs tweeking or swapping some wires around.

Good luck

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Might be something to do with the bcm being from a sedan and going into a wagon? Something stupid like the sedan not having a rear compartment light? Im pretty sure when the boot is opened on a wagon it activates dome light, but with a sedan it doesnt?

So possibly the signal for the dome light on the sedan has now defaulted to the rear compartment light in the wagon due to slightly different wiring?
Could just be a simple setting in the bcm that needs tweeking or swapping some wires around.

Good luck

Hi
Bcm was out berlina sedan.
I have rear wipers without having to tweak the bcm, which surprised me.

I been playing around with the wiring for 3 days now. Not getting anywhere (blowing plenty of fuses).
I usually have them turned off anyway. It was just that l realised glove box & the interior light weren't working, & they were, probably before ecc upgrade & l had to try & fix it. Glove box l did (fuse).

"Im pretty sure when the boot is opened on a wagon it activates dome light" For me, only rear compartment light, not the front dome light.

Have .75 of a volt at the main door switch. So that is part of problem.
Thanks Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi
I finally got my interior dome light working.
This fix is only if you have a low bcm & have upgraded to a lux or high bcm for whatever reason.

I have just installed door led lights, working of the door switches (with diodes). No problems there.
Though still no dome light working of the door switches.
I did a lot of trial & error attempts to fix the problem (errors = blown fuses HA HA HA).
I fluked it. Fix was to add a wire to the white & green stripe wire then join it to the grey & white striped wire on the drivers door switch. So now the drivers door, when opened, the dome light & that door light would come on. Yeh. But none of the passenger doors would operate the dome light. That fix was add a wire to white & green stripe wire, then join it to white wire. The white wire is the earth wire for the 3 passenger door switches.
Now all doors, when opened will operate the dome light & their individual door lights.
The bcm controls the door switches from 2 circuits. One, the drivers door, second the 3 passenger doors.

All wiring for the joins was accessed from the drivers door. Wire lengths, approximately 100 mm.
Hope this helps Lex

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well goodo for having a crack at it and updating thread

I had a similar issue upgrading roof lining to vz and sunglasses holder

Ended up rigging up a new loom with existing wiring and ripping most out

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
"Ended up rigging up a new loom with existing wiring and ripping most out"
Hi
I'm about to do the same.
I got loom yesterday. On mine, there is only 4 wires. On the new loom there's a extra wire, purple one.
Would you be able to tell me where it goes please?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina