Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt ecotec Complete Wiring diagram + pin configuations

dezza_vc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Hi guys,
Have searched for hours now trying to find these diagrams found a full service manual with diagrams however not detailed enough.
I am putting the engine in my boat and am using the instrument cluster and other things out the car.
I need mainly the the pin configuations inc. the wire operation of the 3 plugs linking the engine loom to the body loom (location is between the drivers side plenum panel and strut tower.)
I have found the instrument cluster pin config.
Also some info on the data bus wire would also help.... does it require connection through the bcm to work?? however I should get enough info from the diagrams to work it out anyway.
If you can help that would save so much time tring to find it. links or email me. cheers Derick. emails @ [email protected]. THANKS

dezza_vc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
oh and any help on this and i will link my findings to this post for future referance, and progress on the project. the boat is a 24 foot swiftcraft statesman half cab. I want to use the a/c box in the cab of the boat, running off original vt switches and loom ect. however need all the diagrams to make it happen. By the time i am done hopefully every1 can use this to get all the info to put the ecotech motor in anything. cheers

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Yes, you'll need the BCM to pass the info. on to the instrument cluster. VS is very similar in operation to VT (for the PCM) so you might have some luck in searching for those as well.

Dr Bob's "Creative Calibrations" site has some abreviated wiring diagrams.

Many tech. colleges that teach automotive courses also have the (factory) workshop manuals.

dezza_vc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Thanks will follow up, I have found the complete original holden wiring diagram for the vt. I have traced all the wiring for plugs ect to make it all work. I have a list of plug pins colours and opreations for basically all of the main plugs. Cheers.

xcop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr x cop
Thanks will follow up, I have found the complete original holden wiring diagram for the vt. I have traced all the wiring for plugs ect to make it all work. I have a list of plug pins colours and opreations for basically all of the main plugs. Cheers.
Could you send me a copy of wiring diagram u got Ive got a v6 in a Datsun 180b all it needs is wiring up

M

mwb235

Here are some VT series 1 wiring diagrams for the Ecotec, Supercharged, and 5L V8, plus some info on BCM types in VT/VX/VY etc that might help. They might be too blurry to read properly due to this forum's attachment file size limits - if so just send me a PM with your email address and i'll email you the larger version. I don't have any wiring diagrams for other models.

Attachments

• VT 3.8L Ecotec PCM wiring diagram .jpg
    VT 3.8L Ecotec PCM wiring diagram .jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 84,966
  • VT 3.8L Supercharged PCM wiring diagram .jpg
    VT 3.8L Supercharged PCM wiring diagram .jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 57,297
  • VT 5.0L V8 PCM wiring diagram .jpg
    VT 5.0L V8 PCM wiring diagram .jpg
    205 KB · Views: 90,750
  • VT Commodore HIGH SERIES BCM.jpg
    VT Commodore HIGH SERIES BCM.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 39,114
  • VT Commodore LOW SERIES BCM.jpg
    VT Commodore LOW SERIES BCM.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 43,926
  • VT VX VY V2 WH WK BCM types.jpg
    VT VX VY V2 WH WK BCM types.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 31,404

brendanrealm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
ecotec wiring diagrams

hi could you email me the attachments please and any other vt wiring diagrams ta. good post!

Here are some VT series 1 wiring diagrams for the Ecotec, Supercharged, and 5L V8, plus some info on BCM types in VT/VX/VY etc that might help. They might be too blurry to read properly due to this forum's attachment file size limits - if so just send me a PM with your email address and i'll email you the larger version. I don't have any wiring diagrams for other models.

Chris Gove

Reaction score
Members Ride
4Runner Commodore V6

Could you please send me some scans or pics of the wiring diagram for the Vt plug, pins, colours and operations and any other diagrams that you may have. Thanks

Hud

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Ecotech
Wiring Diagrams

I would be grateful if you could forward to me the above wiring diagrams for VT ecotec
to [email protected].

Regards

Hud