Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT front Brake upgrade for VN.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I have a VT brake upgrade for my VN Commodore its not a full kit as i am after the Hub adapters.
I went to a bearing place that make them for trailers and so fourth i was wondering if the spline on the VN is the same size as the spline on a trailer and if they will fit i think there 40mm but not 100% sure.

Also when upgrading the Master Cylinder and booster to the VT upgrade is there anything else i will need to make it work. Brackets so on.

Cheers guys

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
if you do a search on this forum site you will find more stuff than you can poke a stick at on this very question. As far as getting hub adaptors made I would think the go might be to pick up a standard hub from a wrecker and give that to the engineers so they can measure it up. It would be a pleasant surprise if you could buy one off the shelf that was a fit.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
hub assembly
HOLDEN VT BRAKE ADAPTOR HUBS TO FIT VB VC VH VK VL VN VP VQ COMMODORE HSV | eBay

the same seller does the adaptor shims. but i'm not entirely sure if they will work as i don't know the vn interior diameter for the discs if its the same as the vr/vs series then you can use the adaptor shims

Also when upgrading the Master Cylinder and booster to the VT upgrade is there anything else i will need to make it work. Brackets so on.
Cheers guys

just bend the bracket for the master cylinder 180 degrees and get a longer bolt and some washers so it mounts up flush. and the push rod needs to be shortened on the vt booster for correct pedal feel.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
The Huds listed on ebay are the same as what i am looking at, i will measure the spline on the VN and get them to measure the diamiter of the wheel hubs and go from there.

What's a VT booster and master cylinder worth these days, thanx for the help guys

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
markovr on the forums makes these brackets and modifys the boosters to suit.. Dont really need adaptor fittings if you do the lines up tight enough..

Attachments

• Image0506.jpg
    Image0506.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 4,426
  • Image0494.jpg
    Image0494.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,496

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Yeah i found his thread on the upgrade, i will make up the brackets myself and fit the VT booster/master, then all i need is the Hub Adapters to fit the Calipers and Rotors.

Is there any upgrade for the rear? is there anyway the VT Rear will fit or no chance being IRS. Or do i just get some good pads and slotted rotors.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i havent needed 2 upgrade my mater cylinder (u may do if its due 4 recond) nor upgrade the rear brakes as the fronts do most of the work anyways so the stock brakes r fine 2 help assist them. just make sure they r in good working order ect.... decent pads and slotted rotors will always help.

AGRSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS, Cammed VN V6 daily
the booster bracket is a piece of piss, the only difference to the stock one is the tabs for the booster fold outside in, insted of inside out.

here's a couple of pics of mine, might have taken an hour too make with little more than a vice, grinder and a drill

DSCF6499.jpg

DSCF6498.jpg