Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Senator 195kw auto high idle in gear

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Have done some research but not been able to find anything that really helps solving my problem

Had this problem with high idle in gear, be it reverse or drive, since have had the car but not really bothered me up until now.

Over the weekend I did try and look for a vacum leak by spraying throttle body cleaner around the throttle body, inlet manifold and all the hoses but made no difference in the way the car ran. Have since been thinking about what next to look at. When the Senator had its last book service, my mate plugged it into his workshop scan tool and it showed no codes, not to mean a sensor isn't doing its job properly, just no help in figuring out which one it is. Have alredy replaced TPS and swapped with another IAC, but has not fixed the problem. The revs will drop down to about 650 and then go straight back up again to 8-900. My thoughts are leaning to the coolant sensor in the manifold telling the ECU the car is cold and needs more fuel. On start ups first thing or when the car has been sitting for a few hours, it will splutter and cough its way to life and then sit there and idle no worries, so am thinking possibly from too much fuel. On the odd occasion I will get a coolant smell in the car when driving, also noticed my exhaust tips where wet the other day, but had just done a short trip to the gym and back which is about a 6km return trip so could also have been just condensation. It did smell like fuel on my finger but it's from the exhaust so was no surprise that it smelt like fuel.

Any input on other ideas would be appreciated