Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT spark plug leads and Shocks

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by rekymec, Jul 10, 2010.

1. rekymec

rekymec New Member

Members Ride:
    VT Acclaim
    Hi I have 2 questions as you can see by the title.

Ok first if the spark plug leads I have been quoted $69 for Bosh 8.0mm leads $64 for Top Gun 8.0mm spiral core leads and $79 for Eagle 9.0mm spiral core leads. obviously the spiral core are better so the Bosch ones are out of the question but should I spend the extra and get the 9.0mm ones will they make a difference.

Ok 2nd the car has 130k on the clock and as far as I can tell it still has the original shocks in it I have all the service history and cant find anywhere that they have been changed. How many kms should I get out of the original shocks and what should I replace them with traditionally I put Monroe gas shocks in my cars but is there a better option.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Chris

2. accentstencil

accentstencil Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    WH II Caprice, 5.7
    If you ask me, I really doubt that there will be any difference with any of those leads and I would be replacing the shocks at least every 100,000k, Monroes are fine.

3. wrx884

wrx884 WA's ASR Rep

Members Ride:
    VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
    boshe r the better leads out of those 3 that will last longer. They r wat holden use neways.

4. SSINZ

SSINZ New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
    Stock Leads are without a doubt the best for a stock Engine. If you have supercharger/MSD/Turbo/Cam upgrade then. but other wise keep it stock you wont see any diff on the dyno with diff leads..! As far as shocks should be changed @ 100.000 and go for Monaro GT shocks - bout $550 instore

5. rekymec

rekymec New Member

Members Ride:
    VT Acclaim
    I was talking to a guy at sprints and he recons that KYB shocks are better for the same sort of money.

Chris