Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX Hidden Trip Computer

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
Thanx guys, very cool stuff. I have a single cluster and just tried the up/down then off and didn't work. Just wish it was on all the time

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
vk6hgr said:
According to Mr Gregories manual, that's the dash module diagnostic code. 00 means no logged errors. :)
If you use the up and down buttons these numbers to the right of the tcount up and down. I don't know what the purpose is though.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
Storm said:
Police mode can be enabled with the Tech2 and all it does is change the speed alert function to a digital speedo.

Ciao ...

i beg to differ, caus i have both

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Another cool thing is purchsing one of those PCM Scanners. Like around $400. They they you the temperature, oil pressure, revs, etc all on the one screen, all in digital.

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
VTPREDATOR said:
i beg to differ, caus i have both

How did you get the digital speedo to stay there and not disapear when you turn the ginition off?

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
daz08 said:
How did you get the digital speedo to stay there and not disapear when you turn the ginition off?

was like that when i bought it, was an ex CIB car. i guess that might explain it.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
daz08 said:
I gave it ago aswell....can u get to keep sum 2gether.. like i want the digital speedo but with the dte n trip aswell

in my vt the digital speedo readout comes on automatically when i start the car :)

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Trewman said:
in my vt the digital speedo readout comes on automatically when i start the car :)
But do you still have access to the overspeed warning?

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim & HSV XU6 VT II
Fuel Consumption

Hey I just went and tried this out on my VT 98 and the fuel consumption at idle was 2.0 to 2.1 does that mean my computer is out of tune and is running rich casue according to indyblue it should be around 1.5
thanks Chris

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
It will vary depending on the engine temp and if the aircon is on. When cold mine is about 1.9 - 2.1 but drops to about 1.4 - 1.6 when at normal operating temp.