Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT-VX Hidden Trip Computer

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
RebelSS said:
Hi Bubbaj247,

That's really great info.

Great research.
There was no "Great research" in his post. Everything from that post has already been covered in this thread.
Infact the display "F18.5L" is not how much the car uses per 100Kms on avarage, its the litres of fuel remaning in the tank.

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
TigerVX said:
There was no "Great research" in his post. Everything from that post has already been covered in this thread.
Infact the display "F18.5L" is not how much the car uses per 100Kms on avarage, its the litres of fuel remaning in the tank.

No no thats how much fuel i go through, per 100km , the other one is for how much is left in the tank. Believe me i go through a lot of fuel

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
TigerVX said:

I Think The other guy was talking about mi GF, anyway.. lol

a9x2doorhatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN
hi all this thread still doesnt solve the problem of T-00 all the way through to t-XX (cant remamber the last number). in some of the t's there are letters in them as you go through i put it on T-17 and drove around nuthing happenend :(. our fight for information which is right-fully ours continues.

p.s i would totally understand if we where talking about a playstaion and the techs didnt want to tell us how to fix it but these cars cost anywhere up to and including 80K !! Man its the least they could do

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
"Hidden Functions" in the VT - VX Dash

here is the descriptions for all the displays in diagnostic mode in the dash.
its not rocket science guys its to help diagnose a problem with the dash.
Its no secret & a full description is in the workshop manual, it also has nothing to do with a secret police thing ok so stop being paranoid.

ROb

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I cut and pasted this from a post in may, hope it helps
Press Mode = Dash Part Number - e.g. 1731
Press Mode = Mode Switch Voltage - e.g. BV - - - 5.0
Press Mode = Battery Voltage - e.g. V 11.8
Press Mode = Petrol Sender Voltage - e.g. FUEL 02.6
Press Mode = LPG Sender Voltage - e.g. VL 5.0
Press Mode = Remaining Fuel - e.g. 38L
Press Mode = Instantaneous Fuel (Liters per Hour) - e.g. 12.8 L/H
Press Mode = Engine Coolant Temp - e.g. 63 C
Press Mode = Vehicle Speed - e.g. 45 KM/H
Press Mode = Tachometer - e.g. 2380
Press Mode = Park Lamps Switch - e.g. P OFF
Press Mode = Dash Trouble Codes - e.g. t 00 (Press up/down to scroll through any codes, these are not PCM, ABS, etc codes)
Press Mode = Dash Test - All gauges will move, lights will come on and buzzer will sound.
Andrew

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
djlingard04 said:
... digital speedo and tacho,...

DIGITAL SPEEDO???? HOW!!! oooo i want it so bad! Would i be able to get it in the calais?? Mine has the three screen display so im guessing i would see other things too? but then how would i get back to my normal options (odo, fuel usage, ks left till empty blah blah) Argh.. i want that digital speedo thingy! *goes to try* So its mode and up? hmmm

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
wooo!! I did it! how cool!! I always wanted a digital speedo... Umm... is it normal for the last function to make a beep sound, for all the lights to go on and for all the needles to go up? Coz it kind of freaked me out. This is aweesommeee

VX_GIANTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Equipe
yes it is normal. it is just a test mode

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
hey everyone...you know the function where it is supposed to test all the globes and move the speedo up and all that....um what does it mean if it doesnt do it? lol im puzzled as to why mine isnt??

Cheers Mitch