Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT/VX RetroFit Guide for: VN/VP/VR/VS

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
That would be nice! You "might" be able to use your existing rails for the new sv8 seats but don't quote me on it.

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
im in perth and just had to have a car re licensed and i had retroed vt ss seats into that and it passed first time.....

but i did use the original vs rails on the vt bases

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
yeah so when does it go from illegal to legal, any way to avoid this?
i wanna put vt berlina wagon seats in my wagon soo bad, there dam comfy.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
As soon as you change how the seat is mounted, diff bolt hols and such it needs to be approved by an engineer. If you use the earlier seat rails and bolt on the newer seats you will get around this issue.

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
As soon as you change how the seat is mounted, diff bolt hols and such it needs to be approved by an engineer. If you use the earlier seat rails and bolt on the newer seats you will get around this issue.

cheers mate,

might have look for a set then.

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
hmmm im on the way to doing vx s-pack seats into my vr, this guide is very helpful, thank you very very much for the guide.

the appaulsterer wouldnt touch the vx seats (saying he didnt want to go to jail) LOL! now i know why hahahahaha

Jake.VScommo

Yeaa... About that... Umm
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 toyota 4runner
hmmm im on the way to doing vx s-pack seats into my vr, this guide is very helpful, thank you very very much for the guide.

the appaulsterer wouldnt touch the vx seats (saying he didnt want to go to jail) LOL! now i know why hahahahaha

i'm puttin VX exec seats in my VS. they are electric aswell :D so is it illegal to put the seats in? what did u want done to ur vx seats wen the appaulsterer said that?:dance:

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
umz i just wanted them fitted full stop, he said you need an engineering degree or something and blah blah, so i have had a look at doing it myself with this guide, using the rail-swapping methods for the front seats (as i dont care for electrics too much) and yeah, my rails decided the last two allen key bolts wouldnt come out!, wound up stripping the thread! WOHOO!!! **** MY LIFE! lol.