Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VZ Steering Wheel Stereo Controls

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
i thought you said you could make them aliaen, and now your asking if wqe can check current???? Lol
Just pay the 150

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
hey alien just wondering if u know what head units u can do this for

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Many of the units are now OEM compatible, meaning they work of the system mainly used in Europe. If a module that interfaces with the comm steering wheel controls is put together for OEM, that will cover a lot of head units....especially the Clarion one in my car!

Good luck with it Alien

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I just had the worlds most awesome idea - what if we could use the remotes that come with the units?

EDIT Just took mine apart and had a look at it - you could solder a wire onto each contact point of the remote, mount the LED on one of the blank buttons (where the traction control button goes) and have yourself a pretty classy set of steering controls.
I'll have to see if i can open up the steering controls and solder my own wires onto them.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Hey alien, do you still need those measurements? I'm back in the country and got my car back from a retarded workshop (finally!), and I'll be stripping bits of it this weekend, so I can check out the steering controls hopefully while I'm at it.

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
hey mate, im super keen for one of these if you did end up getting them to work out! cash ready and waiting if so!

jdls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss 5.7L
any one know how to hook the cat thing up to the wires for the steering wheel, what colors go where, i wana do it myself but cant work it out :(

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Sorry for not replying sooner guys, i've been really busy. Most of the circuit is still sitting on my desk right in front of my monitor! I havn't forgotten about it! Just been busy dealing with a lot of crap lately. But that's life i guess.

I did look into what units it will support with wires. Now, not every head unit in these brands support them, but i'm fairly sure most do support the hard wire control.

Brands include:
Alpine
Clarion
Eclipse
and Sony

I'm not aware of any others yet, but they may do.

dunzsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey mate, just wondering how your coming along with the hard wired steering wheel controls, any luck yet?