Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU SS high idle

jonno_2002vuss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
High ladies and gents. I'm having a few issues with my vu ss. Firstly I am having a high idle issue where it will idle between 1500 to 2000 rpm. This is intermittent but more often than not its high. Ive changed maf,tps,iac, knock sensors and they're wiring harness(only code that showed up), ive cleaned manifold and throttle body, ive done an injector service also. It drives ok with no miss although i only get about a quarter pedal out of it and after that it seems to retard itself. Im not sure on condition of the new tps because if its unplugged it will idle normally until plugged back in. The second problem is with the headlights where when high beam is on the fog lights come on. The fog lights wont turn on or off with the switch. The fog light indicator and high beam indicator are also dim.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
With your fog lights perhaps someone has dicked about with the wiring or you have a faulty switch or relay(s) somewhere??

The o ring is in good condition on the IAC yes? Google up the idle re-learn procedure for the LS1. Perhaps try that?
Is the TPS a known working one from another car / correct car?

jonno_2002vuss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
With your fog lights perhaps someone has dicked about with the wiring or you have a faulty switch or relay(s) somewhere??

The o ring is in good condition on the IAC yes? Google up the idle re-learn procedure for the LS1. Perhaps try that?

jonno_2002vuss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Hi both tps and iac were new. I only get the change in revs when the tps was either plugged in or out. Ive tried the re learn procedure in both long and short versions and the same problem occurs. Do you know anything about genuine v non genuine tps sensors etc being an issue?

jonno_2002vuss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS

Firebear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ute
Hi what was the outcome from this issue. Thankyou