Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VW Vs EPA drama ?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
And not just a little fudge but a major fraud. Actual NOx results were about 40 times what the "fraudware" was able to achieve in the test.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Corporate crime.........

No one will be punished, they pay a few fines, a few exec's will fall on their swords(with severance packages)............

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
They are already talking about replacing thousands of engines or entire cars even in Australia.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
"There will be no VE Series 2".

Remember that one?

Yup. I remember it well. :D At the time it was correct too. Those words came from Holden. Then the GFC hit and the rest is history.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yup. I remember it well. :D At the time it was correct too. Those words came from Holden. Then the GFC hit and the rest is history.

Fair enough. And I'll give you credit for the "like" given to my post.

I suppose the anonymity of the internet will be helpful to you in forthcoming months, when this "media beatup" becomes a storm with real substance.;)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I love the argument that VW did nothing wrong cause they passed the test even though what they sold to the public is not what passed testing. That argument gives hope to all the car enthusiasts that have built cars, put stockies on, quite exhausts and standard ride height to pass inspection then as soon as they get passed they take off mufflers, put oversized wheels on and dump their cars to the max.

Guy to officer "sorry sir but my car passed inspection yesterday so it's legal, your test is flawed cause I changed all this after it was inspected and thus still complies"

Well said mate, that's exactly what VW did.

Not only that but they profited from the deception by claiming "green credits" as well.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I love the argument that VW did nothing wrong cause they passed the test even though what they sold to the public is not what passed testing. That argument gives hope to all the car enthusiasts that have built cars, put stockies on, quite exhausts and standard ride height to pass inspection then as soon as they get passed they take off mufflers, put oversized wheels on and dump their cars to the max.

Guy to officer "sorry sir but my car passed inspection yesterday so it's legal, your test is flawed cause I changed all this after it was inspected and thus still complies"

yes officer, i know your radar gun says i was speeding
but 5min ago, i went though a speed camera and it didnt go off, therefor I cant of been speeding when you pointed the radar gun at me,

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
What they sold to the public IS what passed the test. The public will get the same results as the test results too if they drive to the test requirements.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
What they sold to the public IS what passed the test. The public will get the same results as the test results too if they drive to the test requirements.

Now it's blatantly obvious you are just trolling.

As you well know that the test environment is not real world (it is inconvenient to test the cars on the road), cars cannot be rigged to operate differently in a test environment than they do in the real world. VW know it, the EPA know it and you damn well know it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Now it's blatantly obvious you are just trolling.

As you well know that the test environment is not real world (it is inconvenient to test the cars on the road), cars cannot be rigged to operate differently in a test environment than they do in the real world. VW know it, the EPA know it and you damn well know it.

Nope not trolling AT ALL! I'm just repeating myself now... People don't get it.

Ask someone to pass a test, and the will work towards passing a test in the best way they can.

Ask someone to meet more specific requirements, and they'll work to meet those requirements as best as they can.

Don't criticise someone for doing what was asked of them when you expect a different result to that which was asked.

I.e.

Party A. "meet the requirements of this test"
Party B. "ok - done"
Party A. "ok but you don't meet the requirements of the test in X scenario"
Party B. "because X scenario wasn't part of the original request"

An example from my industry...

Client: "Please install X Software and get X Software to work in our environment"
Vendor: "OK, done"
Client: "Thank you but it doesn't integrate with Y Software"
Vendor: "But X Software is installed and working in your environment which is what you asked for. If you also want X Software to integrate with Y Software, you should have specified that in your original request."

In that example, VW would be the Vendor.