Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX cd player error code E04

michael smith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equip
Bloody CD player keeps going CD error 04 every time I plug in a CD now at first it was every now and then and now it doesn't work at all. Any idea?? Stock VX Equipe Standard stereo..
geezz..

Michael Smith :ranting:

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Sound like the error code for not picking up that a CD has been loaded into the unit. Have you tried an unburnt CD as some of the units dont like burnt CD's. If it still doesnt read, with an original CD then the unit itself is playing up and will need repairing.

michael smith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equip
I had it pulled out it looks like it is going to become a new carrier for my new MP3 stereo. I checked the laser it looks clean I will check the disc drive turns then it will be all over BBQ stereo!!! They are not very complex very simple inside. :flame:

Michael Smith

Motor Bear

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore VX series II
yep its 2023 but the car has'nt done 100k yet ~! My CD player shows Error -4 nothin in the manual ... All my discs are burnt , I produce music ...but after 4-5 re inserts it plays ... my question is about replacing this CD player ...maybe with one from Japan. Can any one recomend me a good one ..I dont like MP3s. and often just listen to mixes I produced...? could use one that has data stick , CD ,AM FM Radio would be good ... I cant see too much on VX series II.these days and had to re-register after my old email address died with optus... but great to be back ! thanks great site

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I put a Kenwood DPX5200BT in my VY 3 years back...Plays normal and burnt C.D's, USB's, has AM/FM radio....Keeps me going...

Think I paid $300ish for it back then

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
from hjmonaro

CD Changers

E01:
The disc magazine is not inserted in the cd changer

E02:
No disc is inserted in the disc magazine

E04:
The disc is dirty, or the disc is inserted into the disc magazine upside down

E99 RESET PROCEDURE:
Remove CD magazine by pressing eject button on changer. Remove all discs from magazine and re-load empty magazine into changer. Using the Radio RESET CD system by pressing and holding the “ON”/”POWER” button for about ten seconds, or in earlier models the “EJECT/6” button.

Reactions: Lex

Motor Bear

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore VX series II
Many thanks for the code info hj ..Mine is just a single player , so much of that unfortunately dont apply .Ill try the reset proceedure as per your E99...It may reset the laser in the player to default setting ? ..It plays all my other authored discs . but probably just shagged from all the use..I should just replace the damn thing , but then therer's steering consol controls and fitting it in place....I guess its a 2 din job and a kit to fit it in etc ... Im getting old and cramped spaces to fiddle with wiring is a hassle for me ..ill get my garage to take a look ...hes a guitarist...and a good mechanic.
In the car manual , it talks about a cassette ( if fitted ) Ive never seen one ...have you seen a cassette player in this model car ? extraordinary .... crazy but at least when you drive over a lump in the mall car park ..the Tape dont skip. like the CD does......thanks again cheers.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
1693085779515.png

Motor Bear

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore VX series II
wow .. japanese made ? excellent ! I guess it was on the earlier commodores ... when
"the commodores" the band were popular ...cool .. thanks for posting

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
standard on VT